Porsche History Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2002, 05:14 PM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Porsche History Video

Hi all,

Last night I had a chance to share and play a Porsche History video to some of my colleague (during a dinner party).

A friend of mine, Brooke Temple, was the one who recommended me to buy and watch this video.

It is indeed a very good video and I would like to recommend it to you as well. You can buy it from <a href="http://www.historychannel.com" target="_blank">www.historychannel.com</a> and here's the description of that video:

If the Porsche 911 had lasted only a few years, it would still be one of the most remarkable cars ever built. That it remains a bestseller after more than 30 years makes this rear-engined speed demon a true automotive legend.

From **** Germany to the streets of Hollywood, this is the complete story of the 911. Trace its origins back to the humble VW Beetle, designed by Ferdinand Porsche before he set out to form his own company. See how the first 911 was designed by Porsche's son Ferry, who wanted a sports car "with space for a set of golf clubs." Meet the men who continue to refine this evergreen classic, keeping it at the forefront of the world's high-performance autos, and take to the test track to see just what these German wonders can do. And a remarkable parade of older 911s show how the legend has evolved over the years.

Oh and no, I don't work for History Channel
Old 02-03-2002, 09:36 PM
red targa
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Pin, thanks for the info.

"See how the first 911 was designed by Porsche's son Ferry, who wanted a sports car "with space for a set of golf clubs."

Curiously enough though, has anyone ever tried to fit one passenger and two sets of golf clubs into the 993? Any 993 golfers out there?

I can barely squeeze my golf clubs into the backseat, but I have to take out all of the woods from the golf bag.
Old 02-03-2002, 10:43 PM
993C4
Instructor

red targa,

yes, i've tried it will work only if you don't have a 45inch (or longer) driver. if you do, just remove the driver and you can easily fit 2 golf bags with the back seats folded down.

happy golfing and driving
993c4 cab
Old 02-05-2002, 11:34 AM
Bob - 95 993/C2
Instructor

...remove the pull-cart first.
Old 02-06-2002, 02:27 AM
Shooter
Intermediate

993c4;

Your back seats fold down in your cab? I had a 964 cab that had fold down seats and it was real useful. My '97 993 cab has fixed rear seats. Do you know if your seats were an option. The dealer where I got mine had no idea but indicated mine could not be changed.
Thanks,

97 993 cab, all black
waitin for my membership #
Old 02-07-2002, 03:36 AM
red targa
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
993C4, thanks for the suggestion. Actually, that's what I've been doing, but it's kind of a pain. Just recently switched to 45.5 inch Taylor made 360 Ti.

I was trying to fish for other creative ways, maybe....

Also, the golf bags have to be smaller ones.

Gary, my '96 Targa also have the foldable rear seats. Not sure about other Cab models, though.

Bob, we seldom use golf carts here. Caddies or electric carts are mandatory.

Quick Reply: Porsche History Video