Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Interested in group buy? MY'02 Alu/Leather Shifter & Handbrake $674 ($116 savings)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts
Default Interested in group buy? MY'02 Alu/Leather Shifter & Handbrake $674 ($116 savings)

After counting the votes of my informal poll on which shifter/handbrake I should buy I've decided that I would like to upgrade to the "MY'02 Alu/Leather Shifter and Handbrake for P93" to spiff up the dark interior of my car.

If we can offer them a group buy of 7 units or more, we can get a price of $674 from Austin at Devek (a Rennlist sponsor) which is a $116 savings over the best price I could find so far. They charge $8-12 for shipping depending where you live.

I did contact Gert from Carnewal who sent the following email:

"Hi Steve,

Last summer, we offered a deal on Tequipment shifters and handbrakes, not on
the MY'02 shifter, only on the MY'02 shifter *****.
I can still honour the same price.

Sad to say but at the current exchange rate, it is almost useless for us to
offer a good deal.
Even if we would sell at cost, the exchange rate would make it still a very
expensive part.
Let's all hope that this situation changes very soon.

Regards,
Gert. "

Does this mean that Devek's price would be the best? I'm guessing yes, but I'm still waiting for a follow up email from Gert.

I believe the price would be just $20 more ($694) per "MY'02 Alu/Leather Shifter and Handbrake" combo if we bought less than 7 units. (Separately, it prices out as so: Shifter $326 + Emerg brake $348 = $674)

So, is anyone interested?

Steve R

PS - how long should this take to install in a 993? I'm going to have my mechanic do it for me when he's installing the 996 steering wheel/airbag.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:03 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve,

The shifter installs in a matter of minutes. The e-brake takes some removal of the console. About a dozen phillips head screws, and then a just pop a couple of pins off the e-brake and reinstall. OK, maybe that is a little simplified, especially if you have never done it before. Plan on an hour or two for the swap.....
Old 12-21-2004, 11:19 AM
ventoGT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Steve--I am interested.
Old 12-21-2004, 04:42 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

Thanks Bob - I still might let my mechanic do it if he's already doing the steering wheel and airbag. I work a ridiculous # of hours, basically 7 days a week, and the last thing I want to do in my spare time is fiddle around with something in my car for 2 hours frustrating the he** out of myself! Call it laziness, I call it time efficiency.

Vento GT: Great! You're in. Good news. Now, we only need 5 more people . Anyone?

Fellow Rennlisters: Still have that plain jane 993 all leather shifter and lackluster vinyl emergency brake in your car? It's the holidays... you work hard all year - treat yourself to the MY'02 Alu/Leather Shifter and Handbrake for P93! You'll be so glad you did, and won't your friends be wowed when they see your "new" interior. It's hip, it's young, it's fresh, heck, it's even a little bling.

Steve

Quick Reply: Interested in group buy? MY'02 Alu/Leather Shifter & Handbrake $674 ($116 savings)