Sponsored by:

WTK: New carpet doesn't look OEM

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 07:20 PM
ChrisK
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face WTK: New carpet doesn't look OEM

I recently purchased new Porsche OEM carpets (all 4) from Performance Products at 20% discount and having received them I noticed several problems:

1. The carpets don't have thick rubber backing, but rather a thin layer of open cell foam.
2. They came with mounting clips instead of a hole cut in the rear to allow the plastic hold down screw.
3. The rear carpets are not cut even close to the original 993 coupe carpets.

Has anybody out there purchased new Porsche OEM carpets for their 993 and goten superior OEM quality? Where should I go? Porsche direct? Thanks, ChrisK chris.ketchum@att.net
Old 02-02-2002, 07:35 PM
dcpmark
Racer

I just went through this with my car. Original 993 carpet sets (i.e., black with red stitching) are no longer made, but you can still purchase different 993 carpets from Porsche (i.e., black with black stitching). I didn't like them. I checked dealer after dealer, and I found a local dealer who had ONE set of new original 993 mats left. I felt like I had just won the Lottery! He told me that a few weeks ago someone else got the other one he had.

Call every dealer you can get the number of, and see if they have any left in their warehouse. If my dealer had two sets, I'm sure there are others out there.
Old 02-02-2002, 07:52 PM
ChrisK
Intermediate

Thank you.
I was afraid of that. I'm not that picky, as I only want what came with my car, only in black with black logo, black stitching, etc.
Regards, ChrisK

Quick Reply: WTK: New carpet doesn't look OEM