Sponsored by:

Electric fan in engine compartment

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2002, 05:38 PM
Buck
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Electric fan in engine compartment

Is this fan suppose to run when the engine is off and the ignition off? I thought I remebered it running with the ignition off but today I went for a short drive (cool weather) and when I parked the car it only ran when the ignition was turned back on. Or is it teperature sensitive and comes on with the ignition off when the engine is above a specific temp?

Thanks,

Buck
Old 02-02-2002, 06:24 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hi Buck,

If you're speaking of the electric fan on the left-side of the motor, it will come on in slow-speed when the climate control **** is set above a certain temperature--so it can supply warm air to the cabin. By varying the temperature setting on the climate control ****, you can actually turn the rear blower on and off. Temp. at minimum on ****, rear-blower off .... raise the temperature, and the rear-blower will start running (at around 21-24C, I believe).

The rear-blower can also run in fast-speed after the engine is turned off, to help cool the engine.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-02-2002, 06:44 PM
Buck
Instructor

Thanks Randall, that was it. I went out and tested it and the fan went off when I turned the temp down. Mine was a little under 21C before it cut off.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Electric fan in engine compartment