Just got car back with cage....

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 06:28 PM
kary993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cd993
Apparently, 'tis the season!

Kary, I would double check the POC GCRs. If you end up around 2,700 pounds, you're gonna get hit with almost 12 points just for the weight drop. We are estimating that my car will be close to 2,400, which puts me solidly into POC V0!
Chris, long time since I last saw you! You might be right about that but I do not think it will be 2700#. At any rate, I have quite a few points to spare in V2.

You have really done some work on your car if you have it down to 2400#, oh my!!!! Show us some pics and I will see you this season at some POC events I am sure.
Old 12-21-2004, 06:28 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ha, you guys with zoomy cars that just cost more to be competitive - V2 and V0. My little putt-putt should be V3 (it's Kp) and I'll get to see how a Turtle fairs against a bunch of hares.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:49 AM
cd993
Track Day

Right about now I feel like a guy who has decided to dig his own swimming pool. In my mind, I'm floatin' in the sun. Unfortunately, when I open my eyes, all I see is a bunch of of dirt.

We are stripping everything out, cutting the roof off, and building a cage that will extend past the suspension points on both ends. The tub will be acid-dipped and powdercoated. We will also freshen the motor during this project.
Old 12-22-2004, 01:55 AM
kary993
Drifting

Right about now I feel like a guy who has decided to dig his own swimming pool. In my mind, I'm floatin' in the sun. Unfortunately, when I open my eyes, all I see is a bunch of of dirt.

We are stripping everything out, cutting the roof off, and building a cage that will extend past the suspension points on both ends. The tub will be acid-dipped and powdercoated. We will also freshen the motor during this project.
Holy crap Chris!!! I thought I was doing a lot, now I feel like I doing minor mods compared to you!

Tom, just for the record, I am not competing for V2 honors, I am just taking the next steps to make my car more trackable and safe. If I wanted to be competitive I guess I would be doing what Chris is doing, or maybe not
Old 12-22-2004, 12:13 PM
cd993
Track Day

Originally Posted by kary993
Holy crap Chris!!! I thought I was doing a lot, now I feel like I doing minor mods compared to you!

Tom, just for the record, I am not competing for V2 honors, I am just taking the next steps to make my car more trackable and safe. If I wanted to be competitive I guess I would be doing what Chris is doing, or maybe not
When I decided to start the project, I decided that I would invest the resources to make the best possible foundation. The cage, air jacks, and removable bodywork will go a long way toward improving safety and ease of maintenance.

Anything else can be added or upgraded later. As we know, the journey from street to track is pretty much a one-way trip.

What lead you to choose the GT LSD? I was planning on grabbing a G50 with LSD.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:38 PM
kary993
Drifting

When I decided to start the project, I decided that I would invest the resources to make the best possible foundation. The cage, air jacks, and removable bodywork will go a long way toward improving safety and ease of maintenance.

Anything else can be added or upgraded later. As we know, the journey from street to track is pretty much a one-way trip.

What lead you to choose the GT LSD? I was planning on grabbing a G50 with LSD.
Chris, I originally had a stock G50/20 with LSD from the factory. It was ok but gave up a few years ago as they are really not made for track driving. The ramp up/down on these is not aggressive and the number of clutch pads is normally only two rather than 4. At any rate, I would not use a stock Porsche LSD for track use. If you want the Motorsport one then I think that would be fine though there have been reports of the cases breaking as they are not one piece.

If you are interested in one let me know and I can get it for you.

Quick Reply: Just got car back with cage....