Sponsored by:

Stroller in a 993? Urgent help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 08:49 PM
mlincoln
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Italian company Peg Perego makes a "Pliko" stroller that is full sized, but has a flexible front restraint bar so that the whole thing can fold up like an umbrella. Another nice feature is that it stands upright upon its own wheels when folded. Mine will fit in the 993 trunk or I throw it in the back. This is in distinction to almost every other full sized American stroller (e.g., Gracos, etc) which, because of their hard plastic cupholder/tray in the front can only fold downwards. This results in a giant slab, which as you haved noted requires either a Ford Navigator or the _entire_ trunk of a sedan.

In a special concession to the USA market, some Plikos (e.g., all Peg Perego models sold at Babies R Us) are made with the fixed, hard plastic front with cupholders. Interestingly, these models are not sold in Europe where, in my opinion, both parents and babies are less uncouth. At least, most Europeans apparently believe in the radical notion that people don't have to have portable junk food in front of themselves at all times.

Mike

ps--Here's an example of the right Peg:
Peg Perego Classico P3-folds like an umbrella

Quick Reply: Stroller in a 993? Urgent help needed!