993 Forum 1995-1998

At last, a 993 for me!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Tony356993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats and good luck. Take the back roads for a while.......
Old 12-21-2004, 09:52 PM
Livefreeandrive
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Joe, I have a brother(a real brother) in your neighborhood. He recently moved from Danbury, CT. (ANY OF YOU MARCUS DAIRY TYPES OUT THERE SPEAK UP!!!!!!!!!). He is going to take the plunge soon...........first he will marry this really cool girl. But, then, after that, he will be looking. We rode to NH after picking up my C4 in Tampa, FL. He is a blast to drive with! I would love to see him get tight with some p-car people in San Ramon. He rides a Triumph Daytona 996!!
Steve
Old 12-21-2004, 10:58 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks all for the well wishes and apologies for not responding sooner. The trip back from Scottsdale was fantastic and apart from the flat bed truck sleepily weaving across both lanes on 10, there were no issues (well, a BMW tried to cut me off, but that's another story...suffice to say, when you drive the baddest car on the road, you have options....).

Thanks Steve for the heads up...have him PM me when he gets his car in San Ramon.

Too many questions, and I'll post up pix tomorrow (need just the right kind of lighting, you know?) and I promise I'll make an honest man of myself and become a member too. But one thing I'm now wondering about is the wire harness. Of course I asked the question a number of times to the Scottsdale P-car dealer who did the PPI, and they kept saying no recalls were found on this car, but I've since read complaints that some dealerships simply ignore the recall? Anyway, any advice on this would be grateful. I know there is a link here somewhat to the actual recall notice and I'll cross-reference the VIN number on the car.

I'll save the suspension and chipping questions for later.

Joe
Old 12-22-2004, 05:36 PM
slider
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here's a couple of photos....what sold me on the car was the color...officially its grey, but depending upon the light, it'll be blue, steel, green...
Attached Images    
Old 12-22-2004, 05:47 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats again Joe, you're right the color is very cool. Glad to hear you made it back safe.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:23 PM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congradulations on your new car! I hope I can join the ranks soon too.
Love the color, you are right it does seem to change depending on the light. Like the slight tint on the windows too.
I think your new baby may need some Zaino treatment, or the light in your pics plays games. Oh and elbow grease. Wax on, wax off. Yes, I know this is a P forum, so perhaps most of you guys prefer Zymol for polishing, but what can I say... In any case make that car shine like it is wet all the time!! And congrats on the purchase, enjoy enjoy enjoy. I am so jeallous!

Quick Reply: At last, a 993 for me!