Burning smell in cabin

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 05:48 PM
vjd3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Post Burning smell in cabin

I've noticed lately that after driving the car and letting it sit for a little while, getting back in I can smell a slight burned odor in the cabin, almost like sulphur. Noticed it again today after driving for about 30 minutes, no AC or ventilation on, just fresh air, no fan. Perhaps related to the small fan that runs behind the dash upon stopping? Anybody else experienced this?

Vic
95 C4
Old 04-21-2003, 06:12 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts
I smell it often. It reflects the difference in fuels that you put in. It occurs mostly when I pump generic 93 Octane without all the additives. No smell when I put Amoco or Shell or Chevron or BP 93 octane. The smell reflects nothing untoward that is happening in your car. Just live with it if you can.
Old 04-21-2003, 06:12 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sulphur smell is usually associated with the exhaust. It is typical depending on the brand of the gas that will react with the catalytic converter which creates the sulphur smell.

Do you smell any sulphur smell coming from the rear of the car after you have just driven it? If you do I suggest trying a different brand of gas.

Quick Reply: Burning smell in cabin