Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Turtle finds the Podium!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 10:56 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Jeff, Princeton, Joey, Jim, Mark, Chris, Eric, Finn, Jomama, Randy, Jim, Alan and Glen

Thank you all for your kind, and often funny, replies.

I appreciate them all.

But remember, this was FIFTH place for Racer of the Year. Not first place. I did not turn my back on all the team stands for. In fact it's something of a fluke in how I got fifth.

You see, this is the CHICAGO region. While Chicago's famous "Vote Early And Vote Often" doesn't apply here, there was a voting anomoly. To make it a level playing field for all racers in all classes, there is an elaborate handicapping system that also takes into account race weekends, size of class, etc.

Suffice to say, no one was more shocked than me.
All I can say is slow and steady, and showing up a lot, pays off. Very HWFM, no?

Eric86Red, I don't think it's a chintzy trophy. It's a nice vase. The First place finisher, who by the way has a HWFMR sticker, was Keith Clark. He didn't get a vase. His is so big, it's a "vahze". But I'm happy with this one. It will make a great shot glass for our next team party.

Jeff pointed out the true dilemma of the evening. I won a $500 gift certificate from a high end jewelry store. They don't have anything in the store that sells for as little as $500. Even a race shop would blanche at these prices. The lovely Nancy was much happier than me.

All in all the Turtles had quite a night.

Below is a shot of our team's chief driving instructor recieving the adulation of some unknown fan. (And he didn't even get a vase)

(Finally, "Thank you Mother Superior, may I have another?")
Attached Images  

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 12-13-2004 at 11:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:17 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

Congrats Boss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 12:05 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mike: Looks like he got a good tougne lashing instead.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:45 AM
MJSpeed
The Rebel
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Mike you should be ashamed of yourself going that fast I think it's time you for HWFM again and realize that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated
Old 12-14-2004, 03:09 PM
swftiii
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Congrats Mike - be sure this doesn't happen again next year or there may need to be some real action taken.

-Skip

Quick Reply: Big Turtle finds the Podium!