San Francisco Clear Bra Photo Results! ..at Jim's Garage

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:06 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default San Francisco Clear Bra Photo Results! ..at Jim's Garage

Well, I thought I'd go ahead and post some photos to share.. We had a yellow and white 993 which resulted in quite a challange but if you look really closely here, you CAN see the clear bra (honestly, you can!)

Thanks again to Jim for being such a great host!

Attached Images             

Last edited by ceboyd; 12-13-2004 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:08 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

the white and yellow are almost impossible to photograph with the clear bra (it is that well hidden) but see the line on the mirror here????
Attached Images  
Old 12-13-2004, 12:20 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

very nice work!
Old 12-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

Nice collections of cars for the install: C2S, C4S, 993TT & Toureg

Chris, how was the weather up there? You missed some great weather down here as it was in the mid-80s on Friday & Saturday. I'll try to save some of this weather for you guys the next time you are back in town.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by 911
Nice collections of cars for the install: C2S, C4S, 993TT & Toureg

Chris, how was the weather up there? You missed some great weather down here as it was in the mid-80s on Friday & Saturday. I'll try to save some of this weather for you guys the next time you are back in town.

yeah, I know I know I know.. we should have done the reverse on the installs... we had 64 degrees and sunny on in the afternoon after the fog burned off on Saturday...

I guess we'll have to hope for warmer LA weather for round 2 clear bra installs we are planning for the last weekend in January if enough people are interested!

BTW: Eric forgot to snap photo of car #5, a BMW M-coupe Z3....
Old 12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Chris,
Thanks for posting the pictures. Eric did an unbelievably fine job.

I have to tell you of the nightmare ride home on hells freeway (580). I was being so careful the hour drive there, then just after the install clear bra about 15 minutes from jim's home I am in thick traffic with cars on all sides and behind when a pick up truck full of small rocks swerves into my lane directly in front of me, I brake but I can't move left or right, I'm hit by bouncing brown rocks, this scene will likely keep me up nights. I get home and I am picking small rocks off from the front of my car. The clear bra did the best that it could but as I haven't washed it yet I can't tell what damage was done to the clear bra. The front below the lights has two or three new rock chips now but I think the rest was deflected by the Xpel. All it showed was a series of small white scuff marks where the rocks hit.
Two thoughts cross my mind driving home, one was why did I drive on that freeway which is known for trouble, and two thank goodness I had the clear bra installed. If that had happened before the install on the way there I would have just given up. All things considered I guess it's alright.

Thanks so much to Eric and Chris for coming out and to Jim Morton and his family for having us all over. Jim taught me a lot about my car and how to take care of it as well.
Old 12-13-2004, 03:38 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

so sorry to hear about your horrible ride home!

If just one portion is really that badly pitted up from the stones, I'm sure Eric can re-cut and redo that piece for you when we are back in your neighborhood in January... just let us know once you get a chance to clean up your baby!

Last edited by ceboyd; 12-13-2004 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Forever993
Advanced

Russ,
I've never had anyone try out the Xpel clear bra so quickly and efficiently as you have. Seriously though, if you want a piece redone let us know. I feel bad since you would never have been on that road if it wasn't for us.
I just want to take a second and thank Jim and Melissa for being such great hosts, and thank everyone else who participated in this weekend. Chris and I had a great time.
Old 12-13-2004, 07:11 PM
amfp
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Chris,

Do you respray the bumper, or touch up any chips before the Xpel installs ?
Old 12-13-2004, 07:32 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how much does it usually cost to have this clear bra job done?
Old 12-13-2004, 08:49 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ndof2
Sorry if this has been asked before, but how much does it usually cost to have this clear bra job done?
Eric's price to Rennlisters is $500 for 993s. I've personally have received quotes over the phone for $800 - $1,000.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:03 PM
Dan993
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess we'll have to hope for warmer LA weather for round 2 clear bra installs we are planning for the last weekend in January if enough people are interested!

I would like to partake in the January install. Please keep me in the loop or add me to the list. Thanks.
Old 12-13-2004, 10:04 PM
Forever993
Advanced

Mo,
I don't do any respray or touch up work. I ask that the owner do any touch up prior to the Xpel install so the touch up is fully cured. Respraying the front end is a profession in it's own right.

2ndof2,
We are thinking of coming out to LA again over the Jan 29,30th weekend if you are interested, and yes as 911 said the price is $500 for a 993.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:29 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

Eric,

I just washed and checked my front end after the rock shower of two days ago. Good news, the bra saved my tail er front end!! Honest it did, there was a small area down in the front lower spoiler just to the side of the fog lights and not under the Xpel that got a chip but everything else hit the Xpel and bounced off! Even the mirror on the drivers side took what looks to have been a major rock hit and it only shows a small scuff. Wow that stuff is good. I feel nearly invincible now, bring on my arch nemesis the rock spewing trucks.

I love modern technology, in the old days it was an ill fitting black flapping bra, now this 3M (Xpel) stuff is like silicon implants, they look real, are built to last, and you don't need a bra anymore!

I would highly recommend this product to anyone out there with a car that they want to protect, and get Eric to install it, I've seen a job being done at the Porsche dealer near my home and it was being done by what looked like two 18 year olds, can't imagine they are near as good as Eric is. And they wanted more than $1,000 from me.
Old 12-14-2004, 01:05 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

glad to hear the good news!!!!!

...xpel did indeed do it's intended job

Quick Reply: San Francisco Clear Bra Photo Results! ..at Jim's Garage