Recall: Reimbursement from Porshe N.A. for repair by an Independent

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
Mark '98 Targa
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Recall: Reimbursement from Porshe N.A. for repair by an Independent

I have a 1995 Cab that is subject to the wire harness recall. I am in the process of selling the car and was planning to just give the recall papers to the new owner. The car runs fine. Now I am thinking that the car may be a little easier to sell if I have the recall work done.

There are many unhappy Rennlist posts about Porsche Dealers who seem to find work to do on cars beyond the recall items, take too long to get to the work, etc... The recall papers I received from Porsche North America include a reimbursement form if the work is not done by a Porsche Dealer. I am considering an independent shop that many friends of mine trust.

So here are my questions. Does anyone:

(1) have experience, and any suggestions about, getting reimbursement from Porsche N.A. on this recall program?

(2) know if the reimbursement only applies if the work was done before the formal recall so one has to go to a Dealer now?

Thanks, Mark
Old 04-21-2003, 02:49 PM
tom_993
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you're outta luck. The answer to number two is 'yes.' Once the recall came out, the only place to have it done for free is the dealer. Now you have a choice: get it done for the next owner, or pass the paper work to them.

Tom
'95 993
Old 04-21-2003, 03:29 PM
96P993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think when it comes to how the buyer will see it depends on what type of buyer you have in front of you. If your buyer is a seasoned veteran of P-cars and knows the 993 I dont think this would be a big deal..Now if you have a first time buyer that is skiddish about buying a 35-45K 8 year old car this could be a deal breaker...I would say get it fixed, be a hard *** with the dealer if necessary and be done with it.

Quick Reply: Recall: Reimbursement from Porshe N.A. for repair by an Independent