Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Malibu Madness! Toys For Tots! Lots of Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 06:35 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Malibu Madness! Toys For Tots! Lots of Cars!

Wonderful drive everyone! Just as we are ready to leave, dozens of cars already in line, the 996 crew shows up with at least a dozen more. What a great turn out. When we broke out of those clouds? Priceless. The power of the internet, the power of Rennlist. Great to see everyone, meet new listers, putting net names with faces. The 996 posse had some "fly" rides. Really nice. Great group of guys too. Thanks everyone for pulling it all together. Kudos to Rand and his son for taking the lead (minus a working Valentine no less) and Alan for starting the madness. And the guy on the side of the road walking his dog flipping every car the bird up in the canyons as we screamed past? A classic, thanks for that observation Phil.

We will have made some kids really happy this holiday season! Seeing the all the cars with presents in the back. Very cool! That is what it is all about. And what a treat to see a real Enzo at Rosters! That is rare. Have a happy and healthy holiday everyone. We're blessed to be able to do this kind of stuff! See you all in January!

Anyone got some pics? That huge group shot? Post away!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Rand
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow

This run was awesome. A great ride through the canyons, and than the opportunity to view many exotic cars, including an Enzo.

I think we had 35 cars on the run and it must have been a sight to see them all pull in to the Roaster.

Here's a few pictures.
Attached Images      
Old 12-12-2004, 07:38 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh yeah, you just had to be there to see all the exotics... Farraris', Lamborginis', Louts, yada yada yada. There was even some Italian job that had 16 cylinders... whoa! You just had to see it to believe it!!!!!!!!! I have never seen so many exotic cars in one place in my life. There had to be hundreds of million dollars worth of cars in that parking lot, no foolin.

We have got to do this more often. The 996 gang and their cars were awesome, what a site to see them stream into the parking lot at Vons as we were getting ready to leave. What a great group of guys and their cars. Loads of the ladies showed up too for this event. I am overloaded with what I saw today, drooooooool.

Thank you everyone for making this the best run yet, Jan and I had a great time and it was great to meet new friends and see old ones. Rand thanks for leading the pack and Christian... you were like a mother hen, waiting for everyone at intersections then blasting ahead to catch up with the pack. Thanks so much for mapping everything out for everyone and being the glue that pulled it all together... you are a great guy and so much fun to be with.

I could go on be effusive but don't want to bore anymore. Maybe later, I will want to expound a bit more on the fabulous day. Like being in heaven about those clouds... had to see it to believe it.

Last edited by mnmblu; 12-12-2004 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2004, 07:45 PM
jdoc7
Pro

WOW, what an awesome time you guys must have had. As I've posted before, I used to live in Malibu and am very jealous that I couldn't join you all. Oh well, life goes on. BTW, in the first picture of all the Porsches, not one Guards Red!
Old 12-12-2004, 07:53 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Ha, funny you should say that, I was commenting to Jan that we did not see one red Porsche. However there was a red 911 at the show.
Old 12-12-2004, 08:10 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Great shots Randy. The veiw of all the cars is awesome. Sums it up! So glad you could lead the charge!
Old 12-12-2004, 08:11 PM
ca996
Advanced

Thanks guys I had a blast......
Old 12-12-2004, 08:29 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Enzo and friend
Old 12-12-2004, 08:35 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

I couldn;t be there, but at least I could help organize it. I actually stoped by the Roaster for about 30 minutes. Say a couple of you. Amazing turnout!
~Eyal
Old 12-12-2004, 08:40 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

This was my first run and I had a GREAT time.... it was really nice to meet most of you and to put faces to the names. I hope to do this again SOON!

Thanks Alan for setting this up and thanks to Rand for leading the pack and Christian for keeping the pack together (btw, I love the sounds of your car).

Arriving at the Roaster was like a kid walking into a candy store. I have never seen so many cool exotic cars in one place and it didn't stop.... The ENZO was incredible but at last a Carrera GT strolled into the parking lot (by accident) and literally mobs of people surrounded him.

I can't wait for the next run, also thanks to Ruben and Lance (996s) for the ride from Santa Clarita to PCH. It was really cool to have the 996 guys & gals joined the parade... many, many very nice 996 TT and GT3.

The pictures say it all!!
Old 12-12-2004, 08:41 PM
ibkevin
Defending the Border
Rennlist Member

Rest In Peace

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

Son of a Damnit, Damnit!!

Glad to hear it was an exceptional turn out, but....no red cars! That is just sooo..un-Porsche.

Oh well, I got to see the the Chargers teach Tampa how to play ball.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:01 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

The two Jan's.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:19 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Missed the run, glad you all were in good hands through the hills. The Roster was unreal. A sample of every exotic in every color - Well over 150-200 cars. I'm sure that Alan or Suji will post the green Lambo along with all of the other amazing hardware. I too have never seen so many examples of so many fine exotics. Porsche was well represented with samples of the entire line, Ferarri was out is force as well (easily 20 F cars) from Dino, to F355 to 360 to Enzo. Lambo had several nice samples from Gelardo, Mircealago, Diablo, VT. Mazaratti was there with both coupes and a sweet new sedan. Several Lotus made the scene.

I know many of you were there with camera's, this thread is going to be full of awsome eye candy.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:21 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

How bout some colored cars again, Mr. Porsche
Old 12-12-2004, 09:28 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by aayoung
The ENZO was incredible but at last a Carrera GT strolled into the parking lot (by accident) and literally mobs of people surrounded him.
That was so surreal.....The guy pulls up to us standing in the Porsche row of cars and asks " what's going on?"
I just looked at him for a few seconds and said "You're kidding, right?"
He truly didn't know there was a car show much less fun-run going on. He said " I just live up the hill and I came down for some coffee."
Too funny! I asked him to drive up the isle and float a few 5k revs in front of the Enzo, which he obligingly did....
JRG
Pic copied from Macfly on the GT2/GT3 forum
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Malibu Madness! Toys For Tots! Lots of Cars!