Sponsored by:

Looking for 993 RS door panels

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 11:12 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Post Looking for 993 RS door panels

I have seen ads for 73 RS door panels and 964 RS panels but not 993. Anyone know where to find a set? or do the 964 set fit?
Old 11-07-2002, 11:38 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts
Eric, I'm sending you a PM since the people I know are not sponsors...
Old 11-07-2002, 11:48 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Thanks Danny, got your message. If anyone is interested, they are 500.00 for a pair.
I wonder if a rennlist sponsor does not carry this item why can't we say who carrys this product?
I will send a note to Gert, he is just the guy who may have access to something like this as well. If anyone has a used set I would be interested!
Old 11-07-2002, 11:57 PM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen both 964RS and 993RS door panels and they look the same to me. Why not get an aftermarket set? With these you get better material for the panel itself (plastic versus cardboard) and you get more options for the cutouts. Real RS's have manual window winders. Do the OEM panels have the hole cutout for this winder? If so that may not be good if you have electric windows.
Old 11-08-2002, 12:03 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

JC,
Afermarket would be ideal as I need the elect. window switch holes. If I could not find aftermarket, then I was going to cut out the hole for the window switch. I am hoping someone who has done the conversion (Hank C) sees this thread and could provide some insight
Old 11-08-2002, 12:28 AM
JC in NY
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done it. Here's how it works.

The aftermarket sets are all alike as far as I know. The one I worked with came with the following parts:

1. Two door panels made of thick plastic backing covered with foam sandwiched by black vinyl.
2. Two door handles, aluminum covered with black vinyl.
3. Six OEM "rosettes", the round plastic trim pieces that go around the door handles and pull straps.
4. Two pull straps, you can get various colors here.
5. Miscellaneous hardware.

The thick plstic backing of the door panel comes precut for all of the holes you could possibly need (including electric window switches) but you only cut out the ones you need from the front of the panel into the vinyl. You need to drill two holes in the door frame itself for the door handle, and a few around the perimeter for the smaller trim screws. Overall a very simple conversion.

Quick Reply: Looking for 993 RS door panels