Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

buying used 993 from Porsche dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Buddha
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying used 993 from Porsche dealer?

hello there from Europe. I'm currently searching for my first P-car and wanted to ask a couple of questions.

1. Do any European Rennlisters might know of a car for sale? Looking for a nice 96-97 993, ideally a widebody, 6-speed, coupe or targa, silver, blue, or black color. Maximum mileage 100K kilometers, my budget is 35K euros.
2. I hit upon a nice-looking 993 4S from a Porsche Zentrum Oberschwaben in Germany. What's your experience with buying from a Porsche dealer? Would you trust their assessment of the car's condition? Or would you have an additional PPI done by a different dealer? Are they generally open to price negotiation?

Thanks for any thoughts. This is a great place!

Zdenek
Old 12-07-2004, 05:49 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome. I am from the Europe and I got my P from a P dealer. But my car is... unique and there are few around.

1. I think you are underestimating the values in EU. I know of a nice C2S but it is 10K above your budget. Outside PPI is still a must... they are stealers... remember?

2.They are open to price negotiations but they are selling a diminishing resource.. get the drift?

Good luck. Send me your email address... I have some goodies for you.
Old 12-07-2004, 06:19 PM
Chris Berendes
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Zdenek,

agree with Monique on your budget. 35K for a good 2s is probably too low. I bought my 97 carrera from a dealer and was able to get a 5% discount on asking price.

Good source for looking at cars is www.mobile.de

And, yes, get a PPI done by a different dealer.

Good luck and have fun with your hunt,
Chris
Old 12-08-2004, 07:02 AM
Buddha
Intermediate

thanks for your thoughts. yes I realize that 35K is probably too low to get me a widebody but I'm patient and hope to get lucky, checking mobile.de twice a day :-) Then again, I'm not totally stuck on an S body: if there's a nice narrow body in great condition at a right price, I will probably pull the trigger. So, if any of you know of a car, I will be thankful for heads-up :-)
Zdenek
Old 12-10-2004, 08:05 AM
993SP
Intermediate

I bouth mine from P Official center in Hamburg, and will do it again, I went trough the car checking for about 1 hour, as I did in previous ones, and asked for the car complete history.

I got a rebate around 6% and the P Offical 1 year guarantee.

The prices you refer seem too low in my opinion.

6 months and 6 th km after I am very happy with the car.

Regards from Spain

Quick Reply: buying used 993 from Porsche dealer?