Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LA 993 Clear Bra Install PHOTOS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 10:22 PM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric did my install 3 hours after I bought my 993tt in Chicago. During the drive home I went through many hours of heavy rain from Chicago to Los Angeles. I was concerned because of the moisture underneath the xpel.... no problem at all.

No pealing, no air bubbles... nothing. Thanks Eric and Chris!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:31 PM
Forever993
Advanced

Peter,
Today was tough, I've been up since 5AM on Sunday. That's 39 hours and counting, plus or minus a few for the time change. I know Chris has said it for me but I'd like to personally thank you all for a job well done this weekend. Everyone was on time and it went like clockwork. Special thanks again to Rich and Claudia for opening up there home to me. Once again Rennlist and 993 owners have proven to be some of the nicest people!
Old 12-07-2004, 04:03 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by ERodMotorsports
..... Once again Rennlist and 993 owners have proven to be some of the nicest people!
Ditto!!!

I'm looking forward to meeting some of you this Saturday in San Fran... Except this time I leave on a much earlier flight on Sunday at noon to head back home..

...and Eric already took a day off Monday to recoupe after his midnight Red-Eye this coming Sunday from SFO!!!
Old 12-08-2004, 01:18 AM
Brad '95 C4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eric-- Looking forward to meeting you and your other half this upcoming weekend! Just need to find some time to do some detailing on my white 98 C2S I just purchased in LA.

Cheers,
Brad
Old 12-08-2004, 09:15 PM
Forever993
Advanced

Brad,
Save the elbow grease and don't bother waxing the areas to be covered by the Clear Bra. I have to prep the paint which means removing the wax.

Tony,
Sorry you couln't stop by over last weekend. I know you wouldn't mine taking yours out in the rain! Just kidding, LA's got some other very cool 993 owners that you should meet. It amazes me that so many of these cars havn't seen rain!
Old 12-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 34 Posts

I just returned from Portland this afternoon and I wanted to give some more kudos to Eric. First of all, I think many people here have already posted their thoughts on the quality of his work, so I won't add anything to that.

However, I did want people to know how professional Eric was throughout the whole weekend. He answered everyone's questions on the installation & materials that were used in the process, and he was very diligent & consistent with his craft all weekend. He worked non-stop on Saturday & Sunday and never sacrificed quality due to the incredible volume of work that he had.

Thanks, again, Eric.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Forever993
Advanced

My pleasure, Rich. If your ever coming through Chicago look us up. If it's raining at the time I'll pull my car out and let it sit all day in it so you can get even.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:32 AM
Air Kuul TT
Race Car

Originally Posted by 911

I did want people to know how professional Eric was throughout the whole weekend. He answered everyone's questions on the installation & materials that were used in the process, and he was very diligent & consistent with his craft all weekend. He worked non-stop on Saturday & Sunday and never sacrificed quality due to the incredible volume of work that he had.
I second that... SFO you guys will not be disappointed. Thanks again Eric.
Old 12-09-2004, 12:44 AM
Solitude
Racer

Great job done. Thanks. Ray
Old 12-09-2004, 01:00 AM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Eric,

how long should I wait for clear bra installation if I do frontend respray? How long it takes for paint to cure enough, so that it won't peel away with plastic film when the time comes for the film to be changed?

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Forever993
Advanced

Alex,
I get asked that question all the time and unfortunatly there isn't a clear answer. I usually recommend that the owner talk to the body shop that perfomed the respray. They will know the full cure time of the particular paint they used. Body shops themselves argue about cure times and it may be due to the fact that they use different products.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:00 AM
JDP993
Intermediate

I left on foreign travel shortly after Eric finished my car and just got to an internet connection. My car is the silver cab.

I also want to compliment Eric on the job he did. Although the film is not noticible when a few feet away you can still see the edges when up close. What is nice about the way Eric did his installation is the very consistent reveal or alignment to body features. The the door edge is a good expample. In all cases the alignment is dead on. A very clean job.

Thanks also to Rich for letting us invade his garage, he was a great host. Nice garage too!

John
Old 12-09-2004, 12:04 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

What is the price installed, if I may ask, and will you be back in LA anytime soon? If you want to PM me, that would be fine.
Old 12-09-2004, 01:39 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Father of 3
What is the price installed, if I may ask, and will you be back in LA anytime soon? If you want to PM me, that would be fine.
993 price is $500 INSTALLED.. (other Porsche Models cost more -- IE 996, 997 and Cayenne all use more material, are more difficult installs taking longer and therefore cost more)

We WILL be back in LA for sure....

...thinking about Jan 29th and 30th 2005 right now... (BUT nothing definate YET!)

If you like, go ahead and email Eric directly at eric@erodmotorsports.com

OR call him at 847-321-1023

Something for you guys to keep in mind:

a) Eric would need a central location that everyone drive's to for the installs and he schedules 2 installs per day. (sometimes 3) 1st install of the day starts at 7am and the 2nd starts at 1pm.

b) The central location needs to be a garage that is clean and well lit with room to be able to get easily at the sides of the car (ideal is a 1.5 or 2 car garage where only 1 car is in there like at Rich's place). It needs to be at least 60 degrees inside the garage.

So one of you guys interested in a 2nd LA install session would need to volunteer your garage for the weekend and understand that might mean your beloved Porsche sit outside in the rain (if it rains again).
Old 12-09-2004, 02:20 PM
GreggT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by ERodMotorsports
Alex,
I get asked that question all the time and unfortunatly there isn't a clear answer. I usually recommend that the owner talk to the body shop that perfomed the respray. They will know the full cure time of the particular paint they used. Body shops themselves argue about cure times and it may be due to the fact that they use different products.
Quick comment, & all may be aware of this, but another approach vs repaint, cure time, etc........my experience is Scotchcal is paintable to car color (urathane based paint) and applied within 48 still pliable, goes on OK..........and yes I know, some would call this a Rail-road job but it looks pretty good.
Hey....nice cars......and obviously very good installations.

Quick Reply: LA 993 Clear Bra Install PHOTOS