Last questions before DE

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2003, 07:37 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 139 Posts
Wink Last questions before DE

Just got my car back from the dealer, with new rubber and brakes among other things...

The car came with 30 Front 40 Rear!!! The manual said 36/44 ???!!! And a quick search reveals 36/36 or 34/36... What's a good baseline for the track though? (17" S03s)

Last thing, after I turn off the car, I can hear an electrical humming from around the AC controls for 5 minutes or so. I think - I hope - it goes away eventually... Is that normal ?

I practiced the removal of the temps sensor behind the headlight and to my surprise it did nothing for me !!! Turned out my car had both a bad ballast resistor (as proved by jumpering) AND a bad relay (no fan period when running)! Jeez.. Good thing I picked up a spare! And no wonder it was a bit hot sometimes ! Thanks guys !
Old 05-23-2003, 08:32 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All very well discussed in the archives. Search for more if you need it.

Hum from CCU is normal.

Since your pressures will be subject to ambient temps, demands on the tires by your particular track, etc., I suggest you seek guidance from your instructor & others experienced w/your local situation. For my 17" Mich MXX3s I start at 32F 34R cold for DEs & then adjust to 40/41 hot all around at my home track. Seems to work well for me. I just bought a tire pyrometer so I'll play w/that at my next DE.
Old 05-23-2003, 08:37 PM
Rick in Portland
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The factory settings are 36/44, and that is ridiculous. Those settings are for noise reduction, etc.

For the track I usually ran them at 32/34, and 34/36 for the street.

Rick
<a href="http://www.993tt.com" target="_blank">www.993tt.com</a>

Quick Reply: Last questions before DE