Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Happy Holidays from Viperbob and Devek...

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 11:55 PM
Benton
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Father of 3
Question: Do the HD shocks have the 30mm extra thread and are they really necessary?
I'd like to know this also. Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 12:09 AM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Looks like you have the 928 market covered there, Bob - I am in need of brake rotors and pads for my c2s after my first (and probably last) trip to the track. Can you explain a little more about the calipers that you have on your special? Are they big big reds for the rears? I was a little confused. Great job on the website and the specials...
Old 12-01-2004, 01:55 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Midnight C4S
Pete told me that I can't get the short shifter because I have the 4S, true?
Originally Posted by paradisenb
What about the short shifter? Is that a DIY. Is it noticeable?
I have the same concerns and questions please. Did a quick search and came up with this thread regarding the SSKs on our C4S's: Thread on SSKs for C4S

It's not looking promising for us fellas ...but I would wait for final word from the man himself, VB.

Thanks again VB for giving us a nice Xmas.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:15 AM
FisterD
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts

Wow, great stuff Bob! I think I may need to order a couple of those things from you. It's only money.......right?
Old 12-01-2004, 10:52 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks all..

Midnight C4S and Arrwin - Yes you can install a short shift kit on a C4S or a Turbo. You will have to dimple the tunnel cover under the car to clear the new shifter. It is a very easy install. The first one I did on a Turbo took about 2 hours. Icerbofh even installed one this last weekend by himself (with a little phone support). I'd say about half the C4Ss that come into the shop already have this done.

Father of 3 - These HDs are the standard US model and does not have the extra 30mm... Let me see if I can do something about that...

GratefulJED - These are the Big Red rear calipers from the RS. They have larger pistons than the standard C4S or Turbo calipers. This gives a much better braking capability as the rears with this setup have a lot more bite that relieves the fronts of doing most of the braking on these models. Besides better braking, you will have less tendency to boil the front fluid, and increased rotor and pad life in the front. These will bolt right in and use the same rear rotor and brake pad. These are also only applicable if you have Big Reds in the front....

FisterD - Yep only money. You'll have to get up at 3:00am sometime and come down and see the new shop. It is 3 times the size of the last place....

Last edited by viperbob; 12-01-2004 at 08:23 PM.
Old 12-01-2004, 11:43 AM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Bob,
Your killing me here .
All these amazing upgrades at one time???? Stop it!!
I sent you an email.
Can't wait to put the stuff in.

Thanks for the great deals
Old 12-01-2004, 12:11 PM
Joe S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Midnight C4S and Arrwin - Yes you can install a short shift kit on a C4S or a Turbo. You will have to dimple the tunnel cover under the car to clear the new shifter. It is a very easy install. The first one I did on a Turbo took about 2 hours. Icerbofh even installed one this last weekend by himself (with a little phone support). I'd say about half the C4Ss that come into the shop already have this done.
Hi Bob,

I'm interested in the short shifter for my C4 as well. Couple of questions. Is this the OEM RS short shifter? What accounts for the difference in price between the C2 & C4? Can you get a picture of the dimple that needs to be made for the C4?

Also, do you have any Turbo S ducts for sale?

Thanks
Old 12-01-2004, 12:17 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

VB,

Great to hear, I'm planning on coming over today around 11:00 or so. Hope to see you then. Thanks for answering the short shifter Q in Pete's defense he said he wasn't sure but wanted me to double check about short shifter on 4S. He's always trying to pull this stuff as he has a 2S.
Old 12-01-2004, 12:34 PM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

VB,

Your phone seems very busy for some reason.

I left a message regarding the 993 Carrera M030 / Bilstein Kit.

Dave
Old 12-01-2004, 01:42 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Bob,

Can you post a photo of the CF strut brace. I would like one of these!

Thanks for the install of the bypasses. I like LOUD!
Old 12-01-2004, 02:54 PM
nman413
Drifting

As Bob said, I installed this last Friday. It's not a huge difference but it's noticable. I like it. And yes I did get phone support as I'm Bozo when it comes to doing this. I managed to drop an incredible amount of dirt on myself as I did the install.

The RS shifter is not a straight fit as the angle of the shifter caused the shifter not to slide smoothly in. With a bit of dremeling of the opening to the tunnel (not necessary but made it a little easier for me), Bob's comment "Just shove it through with a hammer/jack!" and my trusty Sears alum jack, it went in and I was happily enjoying the shortened throw on the drive on Saturday.

Hal, glad to see that you finally have the bypasses installed! I love the sound of them. The only better sound is more than one i.e when Joe's car and mine were running right next to each other.

Now, those Evo uprights are looking tasty........ MUST STOP HANGING OUT AT DEVEK.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by icerbofh
As Bob said, I installed this last Friday. It's not a huge difference but it's noticable. I like it. And yes I did get phone support as I'm Bozo when it comes to doing this. I managed to drop an incredible amount of dirt on myself as I did the install.

The RS shifter is not a straight fit as the angle of the shifter caused the shifter not to slide smoothly in. With a bit of dremeling of the opening to the tunnel (not necessary but made it a little easier for me), Bob's comment "Just shove it through with a hammer/jack!" and my trusty Sears alum jack, it went in and I was happily enjoying the shortened throw on the drive on Saturday.
Damn...@$45, it is a no-brainer upgrade for me. But after reading about having to retrofit, dremel and hammer-jacking it through i'm rather disenchanted as I don't think I have the know-how, the *****, nor do I have the necessary tools (jack, dremel for one thing) to do my 1st DIY. I know...i'm a chicken.

If anyone in the East Coast is getting the SSK and doing the upgrade, I would love to either 1) Do it together or 2) Watch and learn them.

Ack...should I just get the kit and have it done by a shop??
Old 12-01-2004, 03:40 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

Arrwin,

Sounds like another road trip to the West Coast is in order. Then you can stock up on a long list of goodies direct from SantaBob!
Old 12-01-2004, 03:46 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hal m
Arrwin,

Sounds like another road trip to the West Coast is in order. Then you can stock up on a long list of goodies direct from SantaBob!
You're telling me! I should just move there. Although...i'd probably be dead broke if I lived so close to VB. I must commend those who do though...such will power!

So maybe it's a good thing I live on the other side.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:51 PM
hal m
Rennlist Member

who said that we have willpower???

Quick Reply: Happy Holidays from Viperbob and Devek...