Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3-months of Rejex - still happy, still using?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 07:08 AM
mortod
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to revive an old thread. But a year on from my last Rejex application, I just have to say how impressed I am with this stuff. Rain still beads on my paintwork, plus a good shower of rain actually washes the car for me (at least the horizonatal areas, still dirty low down). I do keep the car under a cover, and only do about 5k miles per year, but in my book a product which is so easy to apply and lasts so long has to be a winner. I will be applying again this weekend for another years protection. It does take some time to do properly (wash, clay bar, cleanse, 2x applications), but to only have to do that once a year is what makes it a winner for me.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:17 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not impressed...

A well kept car is about process not the product. Most are overpriced snake oil. Take Zymol for instance... what a crock of nonsense.... They prey on the gullible.. IMO.

FWIW, I use Commandant polish, Meguiar Scratch X, Gold class polish and Gold Class Carnauba.

I also use Simoniz and Turtle wax. (This last one was judged best product in a consumer comparative trial some years ago in the UK)

Moral of the story??? Save the moolah for something useful
Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 AM
mortod
Intermediate

Totally agree with you. I suspect much of my success is due to the care I took in applying it (process). But at least it is cheap too.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:54 PM
Mike W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I applied Rejex 4 months ago. I drive my car everyday. The car looks as good as it did when I first applied it.(I used two coats). Love the stuff. I will reapply sometime in the fall. I don't feel that $16 or so is alot of $ for a product such as this.
Old 08-25-2005, 03:54 PM
StatmanDesigns
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Monique
Not impressed...

A well kept car is about process not the product. Most are overpriced snake oil. Take Zymol for instance... what a crock of nonsense.... They prey on the gullible.. IMO.

FWIW, I use Commandant polish, Meguiar Scratch X, Gold class polish and Gold Class Carnauba.

I also use Simoniz and Turtle wax. (This last one was judged best product in a consumer comparative trial some years ago in the UK)

Moral of the story??? Save the moolah for something useful
Monique,

I am as skeptical as ANYBODY with respect to these types of "snake oil." However, I LOVE my Rejex. I am lazy as hell, so I only applied 1 coat about 5 months ago. I have driven my car every nice day and some rainy days since. I lightly wash the car once every 2 weeks or so and it looks AWESOME. The bottle of Rejex was $16 and I think it will last me another 4-5 years. Cheap, easy to apply, and each application last 6+ months. That equates to some DAMN GOOD snake oil.

Dan.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
vuugti
Addict
Rennlist Member

My rig is far from a daily driver, more of a sunny day machine. I wash it about every two weeks. I love the stuff. Water still beads after 4 months. Zymol....yea that stuff is crap! I agree with Monique on that one.

Andy
Old 08-25-2005, 04:16 PM
rainmn
Instructor

I too like the Rejex better than any other wax I've used. Picked up a bottle back in late winter sometime, and did the whole clean & clay ritual, followed by two coats of Rejex. It still beads water now the same as it did right after I applied it. Granted, my 993 is no daily driver, so it isn't the toughest test on the longevity of Rejex.
My Dad's car, however, is a daily driver. When I first tried the Rejex and liked it, I gave it to him to try as well. It's holding up just as well on his car as it has on mine. Just this week, I finally had a chance to do my family haluer Expedition with it. That will be the real test, since I don't even park that in the garage.
As others have said, at $16 bucks a bottle, I think it's a bargain.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:25 PM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StatmanDesigns
The bottle of Rejex was $16 and I think it will last me another 4-5 years.
Dan.
Dan,

Can't agree with you there. I find so many uses for this stuff, besides the car, it gets used up pretty fast... car, wheels, glass, rubber... (yes, rubber), aluminum... why, I drink a swig or 2 daily and feel like a new man!!! Oh... scratch that last one.

Seriously, very good product. I've done many cars for friends and relatives and they are amazed at the results for the ease at which it is applied and removed. Like was mentioned, proper paint prep is the key to any outstanding results, no matter what the final wax/glaze is. I'm just very satisfied with how long it lasts, the fact that you can get this stuff on rubber trim without staining and it's ease of use. It gets a big from me.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Traffic53
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by a18agy
I do not use a shampoo on my car just plain water .
dude you should be careful with that. i used to think that an exterior soap would only help remove whatever wax i had to protect the paint- so i know where you're coming from. but soap, as i understand it, really is a lubricant so you don't scratch your paint with the fine dirt and dust that collects on the car. using water only can introduce swirl marks and scratches a-plenty. a quality car washing soap will lube and won't strip the wax.

as for rejex: i used it on my dark blue car and thought it was ok- but not brilliant. i went back to griots best of show. seems the paint has to be absolutely perfect for the rejex to really shine, as it won't conseal even the lightest swirl marks. wax will clean those light scratches right up.

i do however, use the rejex on the tailboom of the helicopter. it looks really nice and might just make cleaning the exhaust and oil residue of the paint a little easier. i'm hoping normal useage will add a couple thousand flight hours to the life of the paint (which normal only lasts 6 or 7000 hours anyway).

seems like a good product- just not for my dark colored daily-driver.
Old 08-25-2005, 06:16 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 922 Likes on 557 Posts

Traffic53, glad to read your report, as I have been using Griot's Best of Show Wax also, with great results when properly prepped. I wax every 3 months. Nothing against Rejex, I just don't have room for yet another bottle of the latest greatest stuff.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:31 PM
JTW
Instructor

Originally Posted by mortod
Interesting point of view - why ? I was always of the understanding that a pressure wash was preferable to a mechanical wash (ie sponge) which just scratches the surface with any grit.
If you're using drive-up commercial car washes, that water is recycled. Very gritty.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:11 AM
Itzkirb
Rennlist Member

Received 823 Likes on 269 Posts

Rejex works great! I've been using Rejex for the past 2.5 yrs.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ask anyone who has seen my car, feel free to either jump in to corroborate or correct me if I am wrong.

It's THE BEST product I have ever used on my cars in 35 years of personal waxing.
Old 08-26-2005, 02:12 PM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hello Alan,

If you think Rejex is good, try the new Meguiar NXT. Much less fussy to apply (sun, temp etc) and the results are as good.

I bought 3 bottles of Rejex and still have 2. You pay shipping... I'll give them to you! (not really, I use it for the wheels of my Audi TTRQ and my daily driver)
Old 08-26-2005, 02:55 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi JP,
Haven't seen you lately in my neck of the woods. Drop by for a drink when you get a chance and say hello.
I have tried the NXT, it's okay. There are a lot of products that are good. I just find that the shine on my cars seems to be the best with Rejex, not to mention longevity and protection again nasty things gettin to the paint. I also love the shine and protection it provides to glass, rubber and any non porous surface. I never have to treat my black accent parts. i.e. rubber around windows, black anodized trim between door and window and the rest. And... my wheels have never stayed so clean. A soft brushing between washes and the disk dust floats away.

I could go on an on but I have before and would just continue to be redundant.

You know, I am still surprised that you don't like it on your red car. After I did my wife's Mercedes, I was stunned at the results, made the red really pop. I still scratch my head when I think how unimpressed you are with the product.

Anyway, drop by and say hi when you get a chance.

Quick Reply: 3-months of Rejex - still happy, still using?