Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

After-market stereo system for 993.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 02:25 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post After-market stereo system for 993.

I'm thinking of replacing the oem digital stereo system and I'm looking at Eclipse integrated audio/video systems where a TFT Display monitor pulls out from the deck. My concern is, would it work with our dashboard given our dashboard stick-out at the top. If anyone has done similar audio replacement, can you please post a picture?

Also, would it work with the oem cd changer?

Thanks in advance.
Ron
Old 09-04-2001, 10:09 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Not sure about the monitor, but it sounds cool. I am pretty sure that any aftermarket head unit will not control the factory changer. When mine broke, I pulled it out and installed a Nakamichi single cd player in the dash and couldn't be happier. Opening the trunk on any car to change cds is a pain in the butt and most people never change the 6 in there. I was told that even if the changer was not broken, the new head unit would not control it.

E. J.
Old 09-04-2001, 11:01 AM
karmannghia62
7th Gear

The integrated monitor and dvd system will not work in a 993. I tried it with the alpine navigation unit. Your best bet is install a gooseneck monitor if you are planning to have a dvd system plus navigation.
Old 09-04-2001, 10:28 PM
RT7
Burning Brakes

Thanks folks.

If the Alpine unit wouldn't work then the Eclipse wouldn't either. I like the way how the Alpine or Eclipse unit works where you can hide the monitor compare to the goose-neck style. Oh well...

Ron
Old 09-05-2001, 02:04 AM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THe factory cd changer, will not work with any unit...other than the factory system!, I put an Alpine 3 disc in dash cd changer, new amp, and new rear speakers.sounds awsome..the installer, siad..."amazing sound, and you would think Porsche would spend the money to do this".....I upgraded the rear speakers, cause i like deep bass, they are not a nesscary upgrade, the stoke speakers, with a good amp......pump!!!!!

Quick Reply: After-market stereo system for 993.