Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

At long last, my search is finally over, hurrah!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 11:33 PM
2ndof2
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default At long last, my search is finally over, hurrah!

Happy Thanksgiving! Finding the right car never would have happened without all the information all you folks have provided me and the patience many of you have showed. Thank you one and all for those who helped look at or offered to look at cars out of my area or to answer questions along the way. (btw I do have one more at the bottom of this post!)

I picked up my '96 993 coupe last night which I learned of from my mechanic who told me about the car. In fact, he almost bought it himself when the last owner had him do a PPI since the guy was on the fence and was attached to his '90 911. Sorry no pictures to post yet! The details are that it's black/black, has lowered springs, some sort of 3 piece 18 inch wheels that look like turbo twists in the center with allen bolts all around the edge of the outter polished lip, 6spd, has xenons, RS splitters, clear turn signal lenses up front with the turbo front air intake and some other sort of driving lights where the fog lights usually go, very nice stereo, hand brake and shifter have aluminum accents, 996 3 spoke steering wheel, and is an absolute joy to drive.

I do have a few parts that may be for sale such as some aluminum pedals (all 3), aftermarket pipes and a rear wing (I haven't seen these yet but I'll let you know once I know what they are.) The previous owner removed all these from the car as he bought it tricked out but didn't care for these particular mods.

I did notice three things wrong however and wondered how to fix them: Can't seem to find schematics or pictures in previous posts to see the parts in question:
1) reverse lights aren't functioning - fuse is good and I saw them working last night when the previous owner was backing the car out for me. I've read about some sort of switch near the transmission in other posts? Need help on this. How much is the switch and is it an easy DIY?
2) cruise control disengaged several times on the freeway driving the car home..any ideas on how to trouble shoot this one?
3) one of the little lights in the 3rd brake light is out...how do I fix?
Thanks again!
Old 11-25-2004, 11:37 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 31 Posts

2of2 -

Congrats! I'm glad the search is finally over. Enjoy your "new" 993 and send pics when you can.
Old 11-26-2004, 12:21 AM
csertich
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congratulations on our car!

There are DIY instructions for the third brake light on p-car.com. Not too bad a procedure. Takes some soldering, etc. You'll have to buy some bulbs-the part numbers are listed in the instructions.

Take care and enjoy your new ride.

chuck
Old 11-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats. Long, painful, but ultimately rewarding search, wasn't it? Have fun with the car but keep it clean. Black/black 993s look awesome when clean.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:34 AM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

2ndof2....Congrats... sounds like a great ride...I love the color choice....
Old 11-26-2004, 06:43 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

2ndof2. Does that mean 'last'? he he. Congratulation on the new baby. Love her, drive her hard and she'll treat you right.
Now, where are the pics!!!!

Quick Reply: At long last, my search is finally over, hurrah!