Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Porsche Parade and Hershey Swap Meet 6/25/05 - anyone going? Save the date!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 12:16 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 352 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete Lech
We are sending a transporter from Orange County to Baltimore, 7 cars or so.

Looking forward to getting some discipline from Mother Superior, a refugee from our Region.
Oh boy, oh boy, OH BOY!!!! I'm going to get to paddle some old friends!!!
OH BOY!!!!

Pete... Just who am I going to get to paddle??

MS
JoAnne
Old 11-18-2004, 02:49 PM
rushSC
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll go depending on me being able to buy a Porsche before then!

I've never been to the Porsche Parade, so I'm actually looking forward to it (that and Porsche ownership).
Old 11-18-2004, 06:30 PM
tom97c4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a lot of fun! I will be there as well.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
Glad to see the excitement about the Parade alreadying brewing. It will be a blast. The concours will also have a people's choice car show. So you'll be able to park your pride and joy (as long as it's a Porsche) on the fairways alongside the concours and historic cars.

FWIW, Central PA will be hosting TWO swap meets in 2005. The traditional April swap meet and the first ever National Swap Meet that starts off the Parade.

Manny...

This much enthusiasm so early in the game, must make you feel great!!!

I know of at least five other Ozark Region members planning on going too.
We want to see if we can keep the President's trophy for another year...

See you in June! I'll be celebrating my Birthday at the Parade ALL WEEK LONG!!

JoAnne
Old 11-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

It's very encouraging to see people getting excited already. My co-chair and I have been planning this since 1999, so while June of 2005 might seem far away to some people, it's scarily close to us

The historic car display will be fantastic. We plan on updating the webpage with a list of which cars are coming and from which collections. The Porsche family and reps from both Porsche AG and PCNA will be in attendance too. Of course, we've got stuff planned for the whole week. I just hope I get a chance to enjoy it too. We're going to have hands on tech sessions alongside the traditional classroom type. We have one room just with a 1/32 scale slot car track. A real parade of Porsches where we end up at the Antique Automobile Club of America Museum for a reception. Roads will be closed while we parade over there. The parade will go through the streets with Hershey Kiss lights, the factory, amusement park and lots more. We're really excited about having all the non-concours cars being part of the concours day. We hope to have over 600 of these. They'll be in corrals by model type, so it'll be a reunion of many sorts that day.
Old 11-20-2004, 03:30 PM
LAURIER
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be at the Parade next year along with a full Intercity truck of Chicago Region Concours Cars. This will be the best Parade ever and registration will also be opened to non-PCA members.

Please make sure to register early if you plan to go. Look forward to seeing alot of Rennlister there and we should plan a get together during Parade week.

2005 Parade
Old 11-20-2004, 09:23 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by LAURIER
..................... and registration will also be opened to non-PCA members.

2005 Parade
Help!!!
Where did you read about that?

JoAnne
Old 11-20-2004, 11:02 PM
riviera 93
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

we're comin! Rivis getting her tune-up and face lift for peoples choice in the concours portion, rallys and solo! My dad attended Parades in the sixtys now its my time!
Trying to figure out how to get all the old Sports Car books up to the swap meet, need a trailer! e
Old 11-20-2004, 11:09 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT 993
Help!!!
Where did you read about that?

JoAnne
On the website.... I'm pretty sure I saw it before anyone else..

As for the Display and Car Show - I'll see you there....

Here is the Parade 2005 Site. The webmaster did pretty well with it - if I do say so myself

http://www.pca.org/parade/2005/

See you at the PCA Parade!

John D,
Old 11-21-2004, 12:17 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by John D.
On the website.... I'm pretty sure I saw it before anyone else..
As for the Display and Car Show - I'll see you there....
Here is the Parade 2005 Site. The webmaster did pretty well with it - if I do say so myself
http://www.pca.org/parade/2005/
See you at the PCA Parade!
John D,
I believe you John. I really REALLY do, It's just I must be blind or something because I can't find that anywhere on the web site??!!
Plus with all the recent PCA BruHaHa about insurance issues I don't understand how they can allow non-PCA members to register for the Parade. Geeze we as PCA members, practically have to sign a waiver at a Breakfast Club meeting just in case someone chokes on a sausage or something
I know it's not funny. It's just the kind of world we live in now days.

I'm so glad they are having a Car Show. We'll bring the '55 up for that. We have sort of retired Max (and us!!!) from the judged full councors stuff. People's choice is so fun, laid back and just our speed.....

Are we having a Rennlist Party sometime during Parade Week? I'll do anything to help. Just let me know! It would be a blast to meet more Rennlist members face to face....

JoAnne
Old 11-21-2004, 12:28 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RJT 993
I believe you John. I really REALLY do, It's just I must be blind or something because I can't find that anywhere on the web site??!!
Ummm - check the CONTACTS page Near the bottom.. Look for the website whatever....

Also - for the Display/Car show - you'll see a "Contact" for the Car Show... That being said - it's Manny's and Bob's (The two Parade Chairs) intent to make this one HUGE Car Display, so I'll be trying to help get folks to it. Right now - we are thinking somewhere between 600 - 800 Porsches (maybe more, depending on a few things) in the Display areas (there will be several display areas) organized by Model groups.

Anyway - I hope to see you - and a lot of folks there! It will be the first PCA Parade Jen and I have been to in a long time, and frankly - based on the planning and that it's the 50th Annivesary Parade - should be the largest by far...

John
Old 11-21-2004, 11:48 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

You have to be a PCA member to register for Parade. We offer a separate package for non-PCA members which includes a PCA membership (of course, the registration is a higher cost). When registration opens in January however, it'll be open only to PCA members, so if you want to come and you're not a PCA members...join now If you are a member, well, as the cliche goes "membership has its privliges".

FWIW, we won't be serving sausage for breakfast anytime during Parade week
Old 11-22-2004, 12:54 PM
craig001
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 56 Posts

I'll be sending my form in on deadline day. I have a feeling that registration may fill up rather quickly, seeing as the event is in PA and also the 50th Anniversary. So join up now and be ready on the 18th.

One thing my wife jas asked about is a Parade like the one in Boise for the 2002 Parade. I don't know if it's too late to see about adding it, but it was a lot of fun to be part of and quite a sight.

Hopefully we'll see some of you there.

Last edited by craig001; 11-22-2004 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Manny Alban
Addict
Rennlist Member

Craig, if you mean a Parade of Porsches, we have that scheduled for the week also. I think we're anticipating about 300-350 cars for that event. There's a section describing it on the webpage.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:11 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Manny Alban
You have to be a PCA member to register for Parade. We offer a separate package for non-PCA members which includes a PCA membership (of course, the registration is a higher cost). When registration opens in January however, it'll be open only to PCA members, so if you want to come and you're not a PCA members...join now If you are a member, well, as the cliche goes "membership has its privliges".

FWIW, we won't be serving sausage for breakfast anytime during Parade week
So I was right, right??? It's all in the details...... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I WIN!!!!!

It feel nice to be right once in a while.

JoAnne

PS: Breakfast just isn't the same with out some good ol' German Sausage!!!

Quick Reply: 2005 Porsche Parade and Hershey Swap Meet 6/25/05 - anyone going? Save the date!