Best way to trailer a 993 Cab

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 10:37 PM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jeff,
Thanks very much for the offer. I'm going to drive my car down to Bill's place on Saturday since the weather looks like it's going to be decent. Then I'll be heading back over on Wednesday/Thursday to pick it up.
Should be a fun drive home.
Thanks.
Rick
Old 01-31-2002, 10:43 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Greg,

Yes, I will be at OVR Mid-Ohio (still waiting for the Feb 5 mail in date to arrive). I was there last year and actually borrowed your trailer to hide my stuff under during one or two of the rainstorms. Thanks again for that.

I'll have to check out your suggestion on how to secure the front of the car. I'm not certain if I fully understand your description. I'll crawl under the car this weekend and see if I can find the mounting points. Also, when I was purchasing the tie-down straps I didn't see anything that reminded me of a hook type attachment that I think you're referring to. I'll keep my eyes open to see if I can find some. Any suggestions on where to look?
Old 01-31-2002, 10:52 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rick,

I live less than 2 miles away from Performance Alignment, so if I can be of any assistance let me know.

I've also been considering the PSS9 setup, so I may drop in and see how it looks after the installation. Of course if I buy another suspension for this car, my wife will send me packing (I can hear that now..."new suspension, new suspension?, didn't you just get a new suspension last year?, to replace the perfectly good one that was already on the car?? why would you need another new suspension???). Oops, have to go now, she just walked into the room.
Old 01-31-2002, 11:04 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Jeff96-993:
<strong>Greg,

Yes, I will be at OVR Mid-Ohio (still waiting for the Feb 5 mail in date to arrive). I was there last year and actually borrowed your trailer to hide my stuff under during one or two of the rainstorms. Thanks again for that.

Any suggestions on where to look?</strong><hr></blockquote>

I remember you now. Hope the rainstorms stay away, but they never seem to at that event.

The hook is right at the lowest level of the wheel well. Depending on the type of tie down you have, and from looking at yours I am guess you will need to buy a shackle (horse shoe shape ring with a threaded bolt and put that in the factory mounting point and the tie down to the shackle. Turn you wheels to one direction and look into the wheel well and you should see it.
I haven't seen a good picture but if you don't find it before the DE let me know and I will point it out for you.
Take care,
Greg
Old 02-01-2002, 09:55 AM
Rick
Addict
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Jeff,
I'll drop you a note as soon as I know when I'm actually heading over to pick up the car - would be great to meet another pcar owner!
I'll buy the drinks - just tell me where!!
Thanks again.
Rick.
Old 02-01-2002, 03:57 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well here you go guys. Pin posted a picture on a different thread that works great for our purposes of finding the elusive tie down hooks. It is circled in speed yellow for all to see. The sensor is partly blocking the view, but you should be able to see it and at least now you will know what to look for.

Thanx Pin!

E. J
Old 02-02-2002, 02:08 PM
Jeff96-993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rick,

Let me know. I will be heading out of town on Thursday, but if things work out and you're here earlier in the week I'd love to stop by the shop and see your car. And I do know a few places around here for that beer...

Quick Reply: Best way to trailer a 993 Cab