Sponsored by:

Battery / Radio Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 07:33 PM
Jim 97 C4S
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Battery / Radio Problem

Gentlemen, I need your assistance. When I changed my battery, the car sat for six days before the new battery was installed. The radio worked for a few hours, then went dead. No code, no nothing. The drivers side door would also not unlock with the remote key. Passenger side worked fine.

I took the car to my local mechanic “Squire”, and he reset the computer codes and the door now works fine. The radio is still dead even though the fuses are good.

Squire pulled the radio out and put power to it for 24 hours; that also did not work. It looks like I need a new radio unless you guys see something we are missing.

Your help is appreciated.

Jim
Old 09-28-2002, 09:52 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Jim, sorry - but my gut feel is the radio itself died. I can't come up with a reason why it would work for a few hours after a battery repalcemetn then totally die.

I am assuming the driver door problem showed up immediately after the battery replacement, not the same time as the radio death.
Old 09-28-2002, 10:50 AM
Jim 97 C4S
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Ray. The radio and door lock happened at the same time. The door came back to life when the codes were reset but the radio remains dead.

Jim

Quick Reply: Battery / Radio Problem