Sponsored by:

How Many On This List Are Rennlist Members

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2002 | 02:15 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

[quote]Originally posted by Jim Sullivan:
<strong>I'm a member... I think if members were clearly indicated as such when they post or as part of their signature, membership would go up significantly.

Just a thought..</strong><hr></blockquote>

Jim, you can edit your sig file yourself & add that member number. I just did, and realized that the sig file is added dynamically on every posting in a thread when you view it - IOW, the sig file change applies retroactively to everything you've ever posted!

Nice ride, uh... need someone to come over & start it on the weekends... for the battery? Yeah, the battery, that's the ticket.
Old 01-28-2002 | 02:17 PM
LarryN
Advanced

Am a member and fully support the idea - what else would keep the board up? I've learned so much and met friends here.

Cheers,
Larry
Old 01-28-2002 | 02:34 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Talking

Member here! Joined a month ago! There are some really special people here!
What a group!
Old 01-28-2002 | 04:48 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm actually expecting my first renewal bill soon. I assume I'll get an e-mail prompt? If not, I'll prompt John D. for a bill.

I'm afraid I share D.J.'s addiction. The wife is not a fan of rennlist ... "That same stupid screen again." And, "You never spent that much time on the computer when we first got married."

As Bill H. suggests, cashing in once on your rennlist discount will likely return your membership fee--and more. I know I have my eyes on a product produced by a particular rennlist sponsor, and the 10% rennlist discount will save me considerably more than the membership fee.

Bill H. ... you forgot to start this thread on the 964 board (the other home for my 993/964 hybrid).
Old 01-28-2002 | 05:15 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Randall,

So I guess DJ didn't tell you the story about the time when me and DJ were chatting in my p-car.com chat room and his wife happens to walk by and saw the screen name Robin?

DJ's wife - "What Robin girl are you chatting with on line?", DJ - "Robin is a guy...." DJ's wife - "I don't believe you...".... Silence...."SMACK!", "BINK!", "DJ has left the chat room"

ROTFL!!!

BTW, I think JC meant to say "If you build it they will come"

Old 01-28-2002 | 05:21 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

[quote]Originally posted by Robin 993 DX In Atlanta:
<strong>DJ's wife - "What Robin girl are you chatting with on line?", DJ - "Robin is a guy...." DJ's wife - "I don't believe you...".... Silence...."SMACK!", "BINK!", "DJ has left the chat room"

ROTFL!!!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I would've thought that a quick glance at y'all's messages would have convinced her it was just guy-talk. Then I started thinking,

'I always struggle fitting the hose over my nipples...'
'Have you tried using vise-grips to clamp them down...'
'Tie-wraps & duct tape, don't leave home without them...'

LOL
Old 01-28-2002 | 05:33 PM
993Widebody
Racer

Thumbs up

Member for over two years, Rennlist is the best resource in the world if you are 993 enthusiast.
Old 01-28-2002 | 06:07 PM
Randall G.
Addict
Rennlist Member

<strong>Randall,

So I guess DJ didn't tell you the story about the time when me and DJ were chatting in my p-car.com chat room and his wife happens to walk by and saw the screen name Robin?

DJ's wife - "What Robin girl are you chatting with on line?", DJ - "Robin is a guy...." DJ's wife - "I don't believe you...".... Silence...."SMACK!", "BINK!", "DJ has left the chat room"

ROTFL!!!

***snip***</strong><hr></blockquote>

Would this be the reason D.J.'s wife installed a custom version of Net-nanny on his computer?

LOL
Old 01-28-2002 | 06:08 PM
STLPCA
Addict & Guru
Rennlist Member

Your own personal Avatar, surely that alone is worth the cost of membership.

Rennlist has given me enough enjoyment & saved me enough $$ for a lifetime membership - if it could be bought.
Old 01-28-2002 | 06:21 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

<strong>Randall,

DJ's wife - "What Robin girl are you chatting with on line?", DJ - "Robin is a guy...." DJ's wife - "I don't believe you...".... Silence...."SMACK!", "BINK!", "DJ has left the chat room"!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thats funny Robin. I had the wireless notebook in bed the other night showing my wife the pics from RA. She had a hard time believing you were the same guy I mentioned a while back as the one in Atlanta who was going to help me work on the car. I got a good laugh about that.

Maybe you could make it easier on all of us and put a big fat picture of you by your car on the homepage of p-car.com. Would probably save a lot of us from un-needed grief.

E. J.
Old 01-28-2002 | 06:23 PM
tmpc2s
Track Day

I've been a member for just a couple of months but wish I would have found out about Rennlist much sooner than I did...the value here for the money spent (less than $20/ YEAR!!!)is truly amazing. Thanks to John for providing a great service.
Old 01-28-2002 | 06:32 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

I feel a bit "late to the party" today (43rd post), but wanted to express my love for this site, and my support for DJ as well!

Member #010710-2806

I encourage all non-members to join; DJ's health may depend on it!

Hey, how do I get one of those Avatar thingies?
Old 01-28-2002 | 06:40 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

[quote]Originally posted by Anir:
<strong>
Hey, how do I get one of those Avatar thingies? </strong><hr></blockquote>

For a custom one send it to EJ to properly crop and then to John D., then choose the custom option under your profile section.
Thanks EJ!
Greg
Old 01-28-2002 | 06:50 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

[quote]Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<strong>

For a custom one send it to EJ to properly crop and then to John D., then choose the custom option under your profile section.
Thanks EJ!
Greg</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thanks, Greg!! I thought this would make a nice Avatar (when shrunk, of course):

Old 01-28-2002 | 06:57 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Anir,

You've got mail.

E. J.

Quick Reply: How Many On This List Are Rennlist Members