Sponsored by:

Carrera RS Rear Embroidered Carpet

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2002, 03:31 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Post Carrera RS Rear Embroidered Carpet

I'm looking for some pictures of the interior rear of the 993 RS with the embroidered carpet section.

Thanks,

JF

97' 993 RS Look
Old 08-19-2002, 03:42 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Gert sells it <a href="http://www.carnewal.com" target="_blank">www.carnewal.com</a>
Old 08-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
These are the pictures of the RS rear shelve carpet I took in Hank's 993 RS project car. Unfortunately the picture don't show too much.

<a href="http://p-car.com/temp/aug02/images/L37K3004.jpg" target="_blank">
RS carpet</a>

<a href="http://p-car.com/temp/aug02/images/L37K3007.jpg" target="_blank">
RS carpet</a>
Old 08-19-2002, 04:10 PM
993PET
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks Robin, where does the carpet start and end,
where is the RS script in the carpet? Does it cover the speaker shelf and rear seat belt openings? Do you have to remove the rear seats?

TIA

JF
Old 08-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
JF,

That answer would be better answered by Hank. You might want to send him a private e-mail at hcohn@Techedge-ga.com

This is what I know. (As I saw all the pieces that made up the RS rear shelve conversion.

The RS scrip is in the middle of the carpet, which would center it right where the rear seat back would go.

You will need to remove the rear seats, rear seat bottoms rear speaker shelve, rear speakers and all the bottom carpets at the rear passenger seat foot well all the way up to where the center console starts at the rear, both of the rear side panels next to the back seat, and the seat belt housing cover. Also prior to gluing the carpet in place you will need to drill out the spot welds and remove all the brackets where the old rear shelve and panels is mounted.

If my memory serves me right, the RS carpets that Hank purchased from Gert contains:

Rear shelve carpet (this is the verticle carpet that covers up the upper rear shelve on where the speaker goes, rear seat back carpet, this goes to the verticle part where the rear seat back would go (it is also the piece where the RS script is), both of the rear side panel carpet pieces, and the footwell carpets and two seat belt retractor covers.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:40 PM
Dbltime
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
The carpet replaces the speaker deck and fits the right and left side of the back. The carpet drops down to just above the back seat cushions. My JRZ remotes are where he seat backs were located and the carpet covers them. The script is on the area where the seat backs were. The side panels remain the same. Tough area to photograph with race seats, roll bars...

Quick Reply: Carrera RS Rear Embroidered Carpet