Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now that the Block Party has been shut down, everyone over here for a 993 OPEN HOUSE

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004 | 12:45 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
So who'd you met DJ? How were your sums?

Who'd I met? Uh... lessee... I'm not very good with names, but there was guy in a black 993, a red spec-944 with a turtle on the back, some white 993s (one was Marty), silver 993, silver GT3, white GT3, funky blue 993 cab, and a guy in a red 911 race car (I think that was Mark O.).

My sums? They all equalled zero. I must be doing it wrong.
Old 11-08-2004 | 12:49 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally Posted by Phil McGrath
Did you instruct?

Yes. Nice guy in a silver GT3. Ferdinand or "Nandy". Very nice guy. He just started, but was very open and tried hard to not only understand what I was telling him, but to also put it into effect. We were just cruising, but we got him down to 19s at the end. Nice car.
Old 11-08-2004 | 12:54 PM
slapshot
Racer

Hey DJ! This is slapshot (Christian) the black 993! Great to meet and chat. When that Radical comes out to Willow, you have a pit worker!

/CTM
Old 11-08-2004 | 02:08 PM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Hey Christian,

Good to see you out there. Thanks for the pit crew offer. I can never have too many volunteers to help let air out of my tires, pick up broken bodywork, and remove water bottles from the footbox. You're hired.

What was your fast time yesterday?
Old 11-08-2004 | 02:31 PM
slapshot
Racer

Great. Just no broken bodywork 'k. We don't need any of that.

No times. Didn't get a transponder as it was my first day ever out on a track and wanted to focus as much as I could on the drive (and the swarm of cars virtually lining up behind me - if that gives you any idea of times!) and paying attention to my instructor. Hey I got passed by a Lexus . . . so don't rub it in. Yes I have quite a few more track days of learning to do! See you soon.
Old 11-09-2004 | 02:35 AM
DJ
Haiku Grasshoppa
Rennlist Member
Can I Drove Your Car?

Originally Posted by slapshot

No times. Didn't get a transponder as it was my first day ever out on a track and wanted to focus as much as I could on the drive.

Good plan. Focus on the basics. Learn to heel & toe. Be smooth. Fast will come when you've got all that.
Old 11-10-2004 | 01:01 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Question

Question for you So. Cal. Guys and Gals.....

How many of you used to go to the Dunkel Brothers Car Show and Swap Meet in February?

JoAnne
Old 11-10-2004 | 01:18 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

If i'm in CA, I'm there!!
I heard the rumour last year's event may have been the last.... but that was a long time ago.
Do you have an update JoAnne??
Old 11-10-2004 | 01:34 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by max911
If i'm in CA, I'm there!!
I heard the rumour last year's event may have been the last.... but that was a long time ago.
Do you have an update JoAnne??
I Sure do......

This year was the last of the Dunkel's Swap Meet / Car Shows. It just got too big and some of the neighbors were compaining about all the Porsche's parked in their lot's. Plus there were other problems that they had to deal with year after year......

HOWEVER...... Bob Campbell and CarBuffs4Kids have found the PERFECT place for the New Car Show and Swap meet. It will be held on February 6th at the LONG BEACH VETERAN'S STADIUM!!!! We've been to Swap Meets there before and there's ton's of room for not only Vendors, but the Porsche's will be able to all park together for one huge car show.

Sounds like fun huh?? Do you thing we could get a Rennlisters/HWFM team members gathering together for that one? I'll be there, and it would be great to meet up with you guys again!

JoAnne
Old 11-10-2004 | 09:15 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I'll be there! Maybe we'll have new Team "jackets" by then.
Old 11-11-2004 | 09:00 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Mike in Chi....
Your mail box is FULL. Can't PM you back until you clear some mail outta there......

Fred.... It would be cool to have our new jackets debut at the Meet in L.A.
Make sure you order some in size SMALL for us Turtle gals!

JoAnne
Old 11-11-2004 | 09:50 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

I have gone to the Dunkels show the last three years. Its a blast!! Yes, many many cars and people, but I thought that was the point

Vetrans stadium is a great default venue. Been there many times in my street racing days for the High Performance Parts Exchange every month. That has grown big time as well. Only about one row of sellers when I first started going.

Cant wait!!

Quick Reply: Now that the Block Party has been shut down, everyone over here for a 993 OPEN HOUSE