Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now that the Block Party has been shut down, everyone over here for a 993 OPEN HOUSE

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004 | 08:33 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Barkley looks alot like My Uncle Rudy from South Texas. Does he play a guitar??
Old 11-02-2004 | 01:51 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by adsc4s
Microfleece golf style windbreaker would be my vote!
Great! Now if I only knew what that is.
Old 11-03-2004 | 11:13 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

adsc4s

can you post a pic or a link?
Old 11-03-2004 | 11:46 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I have a friend who owns the largest supplier/producer of such stuff (Super Bowl, Rose Bowl are on his client list). If it exists, I can get it or have it made with our design and graphics at wholesale prices. I just need to know what we want, how many and what sizes.
Old 11-03-2004 | 11:57 AM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Great! Now if I only knew what that is.
Fred...

Microfleece is really soft and breathable. It's super light weight and comfortable. Lots of cool weather Golf clothing is made froom it. I likey......

Look in your Porsche Selection catalog. They have a lot of Microfleece in there if you want to see what it looks like...

MS
JoAnne
Old 11-03-2004 | 12:10 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I too like the Microfleece, I'm just not sure what the golf windbreaker jacket style is.
Old 11-03-2004 | 12:15 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

If the jacket idea has legs (no apologies for the mixed metaphor), and we settle on a style, I think that a poll would be the best way to determine the quantity and size distribution. Place your order by responding to the poll which will have the added benefit of keeping track. A worthy use of the poll feature if the Grand Turtle and the Host agree. We can cross that bridge when we crash into it.
Old 11-03-2004 | 12:19 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by fbfisher
I too like the Microfleece, I'm just not sure what the golf windbreaker jacket style is.
Isn't a golf windbreaker the kind that is a V neck and slips over your head??? It's really roomy so your swing isn't hampered by fabric???

MS
J
Old 11-06-2004 | 09:37 PM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Default EVERYBODY GET YOUR FRENCHMAN...

Now it can't be grounds for trouble if I am directly quoting a CNN Article , right? I mean, they said it, not me. I am just passing on the information, right?

I did find this quote also particularly amusing:

<<<"We are asking all patriots and Ivorians to not attack, and to not attack the property, of French people or the international community.">>>

LOL! Wouldn't want the French mad at us.

Can't say I blame the locals for this one either:

<<<"French go home!" loyalist mobs screamed as they marched through the city. Mobs went house to house, seeking out French civilians, French military spokesman Henry Aussavy said.>>>

At any rate, maybe we have a new ally in the war against France? Oops, we're not in a war with France. I almost forgot. Just a boycott, right? Boy, sure would hate to have to come up with a plan for winning the peace after a war with France.
Old 11-06-2004 | 09:56 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Good Job Robert on the stickers and all

Maybe Big T we should sanction Robert to dress up all the grid girls from now on! How HWFM Tailor for Robert sounds?

PS. Give Kelly my best
Old 11-06-2004 | 11:12 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by E. J. - 993 Alumni
Can't say I blame the locals for this one either:

<<<"French go home!" loyalist mobs screamed as they marched through the city. Mobs went house to house, seeking out French civilians, French military spokesman Henry Aussavy said.>>>

At any rate, maybe we have a new ally in the war against France? Oops, we're not in a war with France. I almost forgot. Just a boycott, right? Boy, sure would hate to have to come up with a plan for winning the peace after a war with France.
Careful EJ, Chirac is going to show up on your doorstep & demand that Eiffel tower clock back!
Old 11-06-2004 | 11:29 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Hey Mike, I just realized this thread has > 1,000 views. I think that means you're popular, I think I read that somewhere.
Old 11-07-2004 | 12:23 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

I am not that popular Robert, I am merely a surrogate DJ. Now he is popular. (If I didn't know better, that could be a poll)

Monsieur Eejez
We promised not to do dog jokes, and you promised not to do anything Francophobish. Otherwise the Open House is threatened with closure. (So help us carry-on DJ's mission of good will.)
Old 11-07-2004 | 02:17 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by RJT 993
Isn't a golf windbreaker the kind that is a <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl2.asp?k=v%20neck" onmouseover="window.status='V neck'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">V neck</a> and slips over your head??? It's really roomy so your swing isn't hampered by fabric???

MS
J
Now that would be a V neck pull-over. Ok, we have ideas for a jacket, a hooded something or other and a pull-over. Any preferences?
Old 11-07-2004 | 03:40 PM
Midnight C4S
Pro

fbfisher,

I guess you are drifting into my territory which would be the golf business. If you want the best "golf jackets" available I would suggest you try Zero restriction apparel. We love the stuff, it's a little towards the better line prices but it's really good. I have no affiliation I just buy a lot of golf apparel for the course and it's our favorite brand. PM me if you need help. Who qualifies for these jackets BTW? I'm tuning in late sorry.

Quick Reply: Now that the Block Party has been shut down, everyone over here for a 993 OPEN HOUSE