What really happend to my Trans at Road America

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 02:26 PM
Mr Michael B

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts
Arrow

Greg,

I could not get a room in host hotel (booked), so I am across the street...

And, I am pulling in early Saturday (which I hope is okay registration wise) since I see that I dont need to tech, but they want us there for the meeting at 8:30 AM (hence the reason why I was asking abut time zone issues).

So... They know I will be there for Sat & Sun, but I will miss out on Friday pizza. If anyone asks where the 'ell I am, tell 'em they will see me at 8:30 am (love those early morning drives).

Danka.
Old 09-26-2002, 02:34 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Eric in Chicago:
<strong>Greg,
Thanks for the tip on Brian, I spoke to him and he had the gear in stock. My shop, Eurosport got the PM gear in today so I AM GOOD FOR PUTMAN!!!!
</strong><hr></blockquote>

Great news. Brian has about anything in stock at a given point, he has to.
See you there, you will like Putnam. Lots of different types of turns, fast, slow, off camber, carosuel, etc. It really is a great track to run at and has lots of run-off room. You probably won't need 2nd anywhere, there is a slow turn (7) but if you take it right you are just as fast with 3rd since you won't have to shift before the next turn.

If anyone has any good in-car video, especially races, bring them and we will play them on Friday night over Pizza and beer
Old 09-26-2002, 02:39 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

MB,
If you or anyone else wants a room at the Holiday Inn I have an extra one that I haven't cancelled yet. I do think they are on Central time, they are always an hour behind me (eastern).
Greg
Old 09-26-2002, 02:46 PM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts
Greg, I will take the room. They were sold out when I called and I got a room at the Super 8. Would rather stay at the Holiday Inn!

Thanks
Old 09-26-2002, 02:47 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Eric,
Just sent you an email.
Greg
Old 09-27-2002, 04:42 PM
A.J. - 95 993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Greg Fishman:
<strong>
You probably won't need 2nd anywhere, there is a slow turn (7) but if you take it right you are just as fast with 3rd since you won't have to shift before the next turn.
</strong><hr></blockquote>

No 2nd gear?? HA! I'll show you the slow line, then. Turn 7 was 2nd gear all the way for me, and the tail was-a-waggin as I tried to match the revs during a full abs slowdown.

This spring, a guy got squirrely in his 996 (probably trying to go flat out through turn 6) and went off the track. The grass was soaked, and I have pics of his car in the trees! He didn't make contact with any, though. At least not that I could tell from the aftermath video (I was on the track at the time).

When I called Dave Schardt to get a refund for the weekend, I also called the Holiday Inn to cancel my room. Before confirming, I asked if there were any more rooms left in case I decided to come anyways. She said no, they were all booked up, and as soon as I released my room, it would go on the Internet and likely would be instantly snatched up. So I held my reservation, and have decided to even show up on Friday night for the festivities. It's rare these days to have a full weekend with my friends without any wife or child responsibilities!

At the Putnam DE this spring, all times listed were Central Time.

Quick Reply: What really happend to my Trans at Road America