993 Forum 1995-1998

Yet another thumbs up for the TRG sways

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2004, 11:53 AM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another thumbs up for the TRG sways

The collars for my TRG sways came yesterday and the car no longer has the oversized sway bar banging I had to live with the last week. I have to say these are STIFF!! You can definitely feel the bumps (I have mine set at middle hole - back sway/ second hole front sway) but not in a bad way. The car feels very solid. I don't believe I will ever need to go to third hole back sway as this setting seems to have dialed out the factory induced understeer.
My anecdotal highway onramp/offramp test produced excellent results yesterday as the car felt very grounded through the turns. I can't wait to take it to the track in April.
I do feel a tiny bit of skittishness at lower speeds over bumps. I want to avoid the expense of adding a full bump steer kit at the moment (next year's project). I do wonder if the Bilstein HD/m030 combo is a bit too soft for these massive sways. Could that be the cause of the small amount of skittishness? Would going to pss9 or JIC cross take care of that small problem?
The handling is not yet perfect but it is a vast improvement for someone looking for street/track combo car. I may even recommend the TRGs for someone only planning to drive on the street (if they enjoy a more raw and communicative feel for their car - may not be as enjoyable for the passenger).
Old 10-28-2004, 12:22 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Received 506 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking

I drive the wheels off my car with the TRG sways and PSS9s. The set up was optimized by Viper Bob. I am loving life and my suspension. I am going to give it a full test at the Streets of Willow with the Porsche Owners Club on November 6th and 7th.

Viper Bob took out the clunks..thanks Viper Man!
Old 10-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 496 Likes on 320 Posts

I have not had any of the noises or collar loosening issues that came up in early reports of the TRG's. ViperBob steered me right with the special collar lube and positioning instructions. These are cheaper than the excellent but pricey RS sway bars.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:27 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

i going with TRG sways to compliment the pss9 in the TT.
ive heard good things and that the bars dont squeel anymore.

As an aside, (not trying to hijack this) .. let me know if anyone wants the Turbo swap bars that are coming off my TT. They would be a nice upgrade for a C2 if you dont want to do TRG.
Old 10-28-2004, 12:33 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

No problem Martin. My pleasure. I am trying to contact the Pantera Club to get onto the Big Track on the 6th and 7th, so maybe I'll see you there....

Mark - You do seem to have turned in the driving machine this summer. Very cool...

Quick Reply: Yet another thumbs up for the TRG sways