Sponsored by:

993 WB flares

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2002, 12:52 PM
Todd
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Post 993 WB flares

Is there any source of info on widebody flares for 993. I have a co-worker with a 96 coupe who loves the look of my 98C2S. He was asking about fitting the widebody flares to his car. I told him I believe they are welded in some fashion, but am not sure how or where the seams are. I mentioned the fiberglass route but he does not want to do that. I explained the simple process of changing out the front bumper cover and showed the link to a previous thread about that here. Any source of info about how the newer flares are incorporated in to the car(as apposed to older weld-ons)? I am familiar with how the fiberglass "conversion" cars are set up in the quarters, but how would the galvanized steel ones e set-up??
Old 09-24-2002, 01:09 PM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check w/ Gert (www.carnewal.com). he sells a complete factory widebody kit which includes the turbo f/r bumpers, side skirts, and rear fenders. although the bumpers are bolt-on replacements I believer that the rear fenders requires that the original ones are removed by cutting the welds at the seams.
Old 09-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Carl Jarrett
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm almost positive the seam is in the middle of the C pillar, there was a 993 rear quarter panel sitting on the ground last time I was at my body shop..

Quick Reply: 993 WB flares