96 polar silver/black coupe at Truspeed

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 08:48 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 polar silver/black coupe at Truspeed

Just trolling the truspeed site and found this car. No affiliation at all. www.truspeedmotorcars.com

Description below.

1996 Porsche 993 Carrera Coupe - Polar Silver with Black Leather Interior with 39,500 miles, Manual transmission. 6-Speed Manual Transmission, Locking Differential, Active Brake Differential, Rear Wiper, Up-Graded In-Dash Stereo with CD, 17" 5-Spoke Wheels with Colored Crests, Complete Books & Records, 30K Service Completed
Old 10-26-2004, 10:15 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

I notice they still have the 98 SY. They want to much for that car. They should have made a deal when they had a buyer.

Thanks again. FO3
Old 10-26-2004, 10:26 PM
Colm Doyle
6th Gear

How much is too much?
Old 10-26-2004, 11:47 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=paradisenb]I notice they still have the 98 SY. They want to much for that car. They should have made a deal when they had a buyer. [QUOTE]

I agree with you. I only posted because I know lots of people are looking for the polar silver/black combo. I have not seen the car personally but Truspeed has been good to Rennlisters in the past.
Old 10-27-2004, 12:56 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

They've got some NICE cars! No comments on the Playmate car...
Old 10-27-2004, 01:07 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

58k. Car has some cosmetic issues I could not reconcile with the $$. Priced as a GREAT car, shows like an OK car.
They seem like good people. I think they are probably just in this unit to high. That is what they told me. Then again they may want to hit a home run. Who knows. They had a lot of other very nice cars when I was there.
Old 10-27-2004, 01:20 AM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Like any dealer, or seller for that matter, you still need to take what they say with a grain of salt and use your own eyes. Trust but verify. Glad you found your dream car Randy. Looks really nice!
Old 10-27-2004, 11:16 AM
Trader220
Race Car

Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

I tried to buy an RSA off them several years back, they were way over market price and reallyhad no interest in moving on price at all. They've got nice cars and they're willing to sit and wait for the retial buyers.
Old 10-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Avenger6
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Ranting follows:

Not sure I would ever want to even start to deal with people who won't publish an asking price in the ads. Seems like if you called them and asked them the "How Much?" question, you'd get the "Well, how much do you WANT to pay?" question back. Following that, you'd have the "OOOOh, I'll have to go ask my manager" and the all rest of the sleazeball car saleman games. I have known people in the car sales business (not Porsche sellers), and they all say that these kind of mind games are used to "get the upper hand" and push people into paying more than they know they should. Even when a price is agreed upon, then they start hitting you up for fees and processing charges and **** like that. Even at the reputable dealers, this crap seems always to be a part of the game. Too Bad we can't break out of the cycle, and have the price just be the price. I can understand some of the wrangling for used cars, where the condition of a car might be open to discussion, but for new cars???!?!?

Done Ranting
Old 10-27-2004, 01:22 PM
Colm Doyle
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Avenger6
Ranting follows:

Not sure I would ever want to even start to deal with people who won't publish an asking price in the ads. Seems like if you called them and asked them the "How Much?" question, you'd get the "Well, how much do you WANT to pay?" question back. Following that, you'd have the "OOOOh, I'll have to go ask my manager" and the all rest of the sleazeball car saleman games......

Done Ranting
It's funny that you should say that. When I told my older brother that I was going to get a 993 he said "Right, first thing: DON"T TELL THEM HOW MUCH MONEY YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 10-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

I don't think these guys are like that. They are more likely to tell you a high price and try to stick with it. I haven't bought a car from these guys but others have.

Originally Posted by Avenger6
Ranting follows:

Not sure I would ever want to even start to deal with people who won't publish an asking price in the ads. Seems like if you called them and asked them the "How Much?" question, you'd get the "Well, how much do you WANT to pay?" question back. Following that, you'd have the "OOOOh, I'll have to go ask my manager" and the all rest of the sleazeball car saleman games. I have known people in the car sales business (not Porsche sellers), and they all say that these kind of mind games are used to "get the upper hand" and push people into paying more than they know they should. Even when a price is agreed upon, then they start hitting you up for fees and processing charges and **** like that. Even at the reputable dealers, this crap seems always to be a part of the game. Too Bad we can't break out of the cycle, and have the price just be the price. I can understand some of the wrangling for used cars, where the condition of a car might be open to discussion, but for new cars???!?!?

Done Ranting
Old 10-27-2004, 02:51 PM
donsacto
Racer

Anyone have experience buying cars from these guys (Truspeed)? I called them, they were straightfoward with the price etc and told me as much as they knew about the car. They encouraged a PPI with the nearest P-car dealer or one of my choice. Anyone know how firm they are on the price? How much discount to expect if any?
Old 10-27-2004, 02:54 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

I believe the experience of Rennlisters generally has been good. Do a search and see. I've spoken to them a number of times. They seem pretty straightforward and usually have nice cars.
Old 10-27-2004, 03:37 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Here are a couple of threads that became somewhat of an urban legend here on Rennlist. Speaks well of Truspeed. I know others have bought from them as well, don't know of their experience tough.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=truspeed
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=truspeed
Old 10-29-2004, 08:18 PM
jberb55
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't buy from Truspeed (or anyone for that matter) expecting to receive or leverage other buyers' good experience. I did, and didn't. My emotions (love of the car, unfounded trust) overruled the cliche good advice that should always be followed: be able to walk away, don't buy the car until it is to your standards, verbal commitments are void after the seller has their check.

I love my car, and wish I could also look fondly back at the buying experience. The alarms started going off as soon as I was asked for $16 (cash) for a trip permit, after handing over a $5x,xxx check.

Not saying you should avoid any specific seller, or to stop looking for others' experience with particular sellers. Just don't overvalue the stories you find, positive or negative. CHOOSE the car you like for the terms you're comfortable with. Don't be SOLD. (that was plagarized from a Saturn commercial, sorry)

Quick Reply: 96 polar silver/black coupe at Truspeed