Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Life with an RSR muffler is...(long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 04:46 PM
Richard C4S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Life with an RSR muffler is...(long)

very good indeed. If you are even remotely unhappy with the quiet sound of stock or even motorsound mufflers, dont hesitate to get Robin Sun's RSR muffler solution. I'm a doubting Thomas and had to hear Will's RSRs on his C2S first. That convinced me and Robin delivered mine (modified motorsound mufflers)less than one week after I ordered them. Will installed the "new" mufflers for me Friday. Took one hour. I think he's got it down now. They sound just as I wanted them to be. Not too loud, not too soft. To my ear roughly 20-30% louder than stock on acceleration. Nice enhanced low basso profundo sound with an occasional brap/burp interruption coughed out at engine start and idle. Reminds me of a muscle car with variably variable idle. Nice increase in deep engine roar up past 4000 rpm yet quiet as stock mufflers at cruising speed. No resonance at all. Comparing Will's C2S with my C4S, Robin's QC is right up there with the best of them. Will's and my machines now sound quite identical despite the fact that he has the motorsound air intake and I dont. Therefore, I don't feel the need to install that as well.

Here's the best part: I dropped my 13 year old off at the old movie theater in Ann Arbor when I pulled up to the curve and shut the engine off. Usual Porsche occassional stares. Then after a goodbye hug, I fired the sucker up. Wow! The entire line stared. I felt like 19 years old again. That was priceless. I have that incessant urge to rev the sucker at stoplights now when I'm next to Preludes and Mustangs. Best $300 I ever spent. Thank you Robin!

Richard 1996 C4S arena red
Old 08-19-2001, 05:30 PM
Robin 993DX
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Richard,

Thanks for the update, I am glad you gave the public your impression of the sound and the loudness percetage ratio. That's one question that is so tough to answer.

I wanted to make some minor clearification because I don't want to confuse anyone about the turn around time regarding the RSR muffler, the only reason I was able to ship your muffler out right away was that your stock muffler have very low miles on them, and I have been saving a low mile core for that exact purpose.

Those of you that don't know, I have a variety of different cores with different miles on them, and I will try my best to match them up with their future owner car's mileage.

The typical wait time for a RSR muffler is about 4-6 weeks.

Thank you for the update Richard.

Enjoy.

Robin
Old 08-19-2001, 06:03 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Richard,

Thanks for the feedback. Your experience, along with that of Rob and others, convinced me to make the upgrade. I was lucky enough to find a pair of 993TT mufflers on ebay for $102 today, which I plan to send to Robin for modification. I plan to keep my original mufflers so that I can return the car to stock 30 years from now if so inclined.
Old 08-19-2001, 07:20 PM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anir,

What a steal!
Old 08-19-2001, 07:58 PM
Paul M
POACB
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 3 Posts
Robins mufflers also get a mention in the August issue of 911 & Porsche World. John Stewart who writes for the Running Reports column looks as though he's a prospective buyer. Gert gets a mention too.

You can't beat an international reputation.

--Paul--
Old 08-19-2001, 10:18 PM
Will
Addict
Rennlist Member

Richard,

It was a pleasure to help you install Robin's mufflers. They sound great, and were pristine looking - almost like new. The welding job looks fantastic.

Thanks for the beer and dinner! I should make a sign - "Will work on Porsches for beer".

Will
Old 08-19-2001, 11:29 PM
Richard C4S
Instructor

Wink

Will, thank you. I will keep a stache of St. Pauli Girl for future upgrade projects.
Richard

Quick Reply: Life with an RSR muffler is...(long)