Old 08-21-2001, 10:40 AM
Kostas Vassiliadis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Thanks Greg,

Here are some more details:

1. No the fuse was not blown
2. With the jumper I have installed the fuel pump operates all the time with the ignition switch turned on - normaly it should be operating only when the engine is running (I guess for safety reasons). When I switch the ignition switch off the pump stops.

In any case I will check the DME relay, I hope this is the problem, because I also suspect the VDO immobiliser or porsche alarm

Regards
Kostas
Old 08-21-2001, 06:48 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Kostas,

I'm posting this information in case your problem is indeed related to the DME relay, and you didn't catch the recent thread on DME relays:

DME relay failures are common on the earlier 993 cars. To some extent, this may be due to the fact that an older 944 part was used in early production. The DME relay is located at position 53 in the fuse box in the trunk.

I ordered a new DME relay 993.615.227.00 from Phil Anderson at Suncoast Porsche in Florida (panderson@automaxplus.com) for $13.26 US. I know that Europe all but shuts down during the month of August (my wife is French, and mother is German).

Best of luck!
Old 08-22-2001, 02:36 AM
Kostas Vassiliadis
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Thanks Anir and everybody else who was so eager helping. Most probably the problem was the DME relay. I will try to confirm it and let everybody know.

Great spirit from discussion board - a very positive surprise!

Kostas

Quick Reply: 993 electric diagram