Help with CDR-210 (in dash CD unit) controls

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2001, 11:10 AM
jebia
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help with CDR-210 (in dash CD unit) controls

I don't have the manual for the unit, and was wondering how you go about turning off the "speed dependent" volume control feature. I don't like it, it turns the volume down too much, for my liking, when I come to a stop.

Thank you.

jon

jon
Old 12-02-2001, 11:40 AM
Jean-Marc
Racer

I sold mine but if I recall well there is a setting called GALA and you can tweek that from 0 to 10 and that tells the unit how much you want it to go up or down with speed
JM
Old 12-02-2001, 12:13 PM
Bob-SC 98C2S
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Jebia,

I have the CR-210 and believe most of the functions are the same as the CDR-210.

To access the speed dependent volume control (GAL) you must be in the "user menu". "To access the User Menu turn the radio on and immediately press the function button (down arrow) for more than 2 seconds. The user menu can ONLY be accessed during he first eight seconds of operation. The display shows 'Sel User'".

Once in the user menu, there are several choices, one is GAL, press the automatic switch (up/down arrows on right of LCD display used for scanning and seek) until GAL appears in the LCD display. Use the multifunction keys (keys on bottom corresponding to arrows in the LCD display) to choose settings.

The allowed settings are:
GAL Off - no volume increase
GAL 1 - minimal volume increase
GAL 2 - normal volume increase (factory setting)
GAL 3 - maximum volume increase

To store your choice press the multifunction key under 'AS'.

Press the automatic switch ((up/down arrows on right of LCD display used for scanning and seek) to access 'end'. After four seconds the User Menu is left, and the last radio function appears.

Good luck

Bob
Old 12-19-2001, 01:30 PM
jebia
Addict
Rennlist Member

http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/cdr_210deck.JPG

Jean, Marc,

Thanks for your help, but my in dash cd player doesn't have the "down arrow" function" button like your in dash cassete tape versions. Because of this, I am still not able to access the "user menu".

Any body out there with a CDR-210 that can help?
Old 12-19-2001, 03:40 PM
Dick in TN
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jon,
I'm like you in that I'm not a big fan of the speed dependent volume control either. Here's how to adjust or remove it:
1.Turn radio on.
2.Within 8 sec., Press and hold for 2 sec. the button below the *. SEL USER appears on the display.
3.Within 4 sec. press the up/down switch on rt. side of radio until GAL appears on the display.
4.Press the keys below the left and right arrows on the display until OFF appears on the display.
5.Store by pressing the key below AS on the display.
6.Use the up/down switch to select END. The radio will return to normal display.

Dick

Quick Reply: Help with CDR-210 (in dash CD unit) controls