Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recaro Speed Seat

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 01:27 AM
DJD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I can say is I could never go back to the stock seat again. The speed keeps me connected to the car much better and is very comfortable for my 6' frame and 175 lbs, and the tilt works better than the stock seat, the lever seemed to stick.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:42 PM
Ted Brewer
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Speed on the passenger side to allow access to the back since it can be tilted forward (SPG on driver side for more support). Installation required cutting off tunnel side ****, not door side, so funtionality is fine. I painted the stub of the inside shaft black which makes it much less visable. I ordered a seat with a sub-strap hole and was mistakenly sent a seat without the hole. Recaro, to solve this problem, sent me another bottom with sub hole which I easly swapped out. (If you do this you will need to cut an opening through the mesh underneath seat but, that is easy). You might remember this because if you can find a used seat without the hole, you can convert for less than $100 .

I am an Instructor so have had many students of differing sizes in the passenger seat and have had no complaints yet regarding fit/comfort. Hope this helps.

Ted

Quick Reply: Recaro Speed Seat