Lubro Moly Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lubro Moly Question

I've used Lubro Moly Jectron and Ventil Sauber for years for maintenance of the fuel injection system and to keep the valves clean. However, lately I'm suffering with increased cold starting problems and poor idling. My engine went largely unused for almost a year during the repairs following the RA shunt.

I need to look into the idle stabilizer valve, hunt down a CEL, and address a faulty boost sensor, but I'm also considering the use of the following potentially "stronger" Lubro Moly products. The situation has seems to have improved slightly with the regular Lubro Moly Jectron and Ventil Sauber recently. Does anyone have any experience with the following, or opinions? Should I try to find a local source that can do the more intense MotorVac flush, if all other options fail?

Lubro Moly Fuel System Cleaner

"LM2030 - FUEL INJECTION CLEANER - PRO LINE Reduces CO and HC emissions and optimises the values before the exhaust-emission check. Successfully tested in accordance with international standard CEC test-bench trials. Eliminates: cold-start problems, uneven idling, poor throttle response, performance losses, lean surging and high pollutant values. To be added directly into the fuel tank. When the product is added, the tank must be at least 3/4 full. 500 ML" $12

Liqui Moly Motor Clean

"LM2052 - MOTOR CLEAN Flushes out and cleans the engine from the inside. Highly effective cleaning additive dissolves sludge and lacquer formers, coats solid particles and liquid contaminants. These are drained with the used oil during the oil change. After carrying out this type of prepared oil change, the fresh oil is able to realise its full performance potential: ˜ The engine develops its full performance again ˜ Runs with less wear ˜ Exhaust gas properties are optimised ˜ Deficient lubrication is minimised. Add to the engine oil BEFORE the oil change. After approx. 10 minutes idling, drain used oil, change the filter and fill with fresh oil. 500 ml is sufficient for engi-nes holding up to 5 litres of oil.
" $14

Last edited by Anir; 10-10-2004 at 03:46 PM.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:51 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Doc:

Please don't use the Motor Clean product. With the usage of Mobil 1 and good oil changes, you do not need that at all.

My suggestion is either the MotorVac process or consider sending your fuel injectors to RCI for testing, cleaning and match flowing. You can clean the Idle Stabilizer with a good Carb Cleaner spray.

Check the oxygen sensors with the PST-2 and make sure they are cycling correctly.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:41 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve,

As always, I appreciate your assistance. If you lived closer, I would give up DIY and put my car in your hands.

I forgot to mention that I plan to check the O2 sensors, as well. I purchased the Auterra dyno-scan for use with my Handspring Treo, and hope to run down the CEL codes in the next few days.

Quick Reply: Lubro Moly Question