Sponsored by:

RS Motormounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 01:54 AM
YellowC4S
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RS Motormounts

I've tried the search. Where can I get these and why do I want them?
Thank you in advance,
Kevin
Old 10-08-2004, 02:56 AM
kkim
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! You must not be searching correctly cause I've been looking at this mod and after reading a ton of posts on this topic, I've learned I need them and is on my short list.

From what I've read... upsides- shifting gets a bit crisper, helps reduce the tail from swinging around suddenly if your present liquid filled mounts are shot, makes the car feel more connected/solid.

downsides- a bit more noise through the car (can be a good or bad thing), relative high cost. $300-400??

I know any dealer can get you the parts. Check some posts and they even have the parts listed that you need. Check Robins DIY site for instructions on it's installation.

http://p-car.com/diy/motormount/

Gert sells a kit that puts all of the parts you need together.

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx_p93114.htm

Good luck
Old 10-08-2004, 03:09 AM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how much time/labor is involved to put these on? i assume you have to pull the engine?
Old 10-08-2004, 03:45 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

you won't need to "pull" the engine, but will have to lift it from below in order to relief pressure on the mounts during the swapping of parts.
while not being technically difficult, it may require a little patience to get the new mounts aligned and positioned accurately.
With regards to driving experience,
If you are attentive/sensitive to feel, precision and willing to deal with the mild trade-offs. Its a pretty good bang for buck mod considering what it offers in return.
Down shifting/braking during high engine loads will see substantial benefit.
Time will heavily be dependent on competency of installer... my mech took 3-4hrs (if memory serves correctly)
just my .2
Old 10-08-2004, 03:49 AM
poorb0yw
Addict
Rennlist Member

Its also nice to have a friend lending a hand when torquing down the mount bolts too.

SYF- Havent seen you on in a while man. Still have the RUF?
Old 10-08-2004, 04:15 AM
os993
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 258 Posts

I have both the RS motor and tranny mounts - been on my car for three years now. No extra noise or any inconveniences whatsoever - just tightens things up a bit and feels really nice. This is a modification that is acceptable for daily street driving, imho.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:13 AM
ruffy
Burning Brakes

Princeton,
Been busy with work blah blah..
My most recent post https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turbo-forum/163153-ot-this-board-rules.html

Still in love with the ruf, unfortunately despite our intense relationship, no kids...lol
so yes,... still married to the ruf
Old 10-08-2004, 05:19 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have all of these things on my car... straight from the factory.

I procured spare engine and trans mounts at EBSRacing in Nevada

http://ebsracing.com 800 462 3774.

You'll like them IMO
Old 10-08-2004, 10:17 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
how much time/labor is involved to put these on? i assume you have to pull the engine?
Very easy DIY. Check www.p-car.com for info if needed.
Old 10-08-2004, 12:25 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Kevin,

I did the Rennsport shift lever and fork at the same time as the RS motor mounts, a very nice upgrade and gives the shifter a very crisp feeling. In my case I didn't experience any of the negitivies that were expressed in earlier threads. It wasn't to expensive either, about 3hund with shipping and the mounts are very easy to install.

Old 10-08-2004, 12:40 PM
914und993
Pro

Installing just the RS motor mounts is extremely easy. I can't imagine it taking anyone with the least amount of mechanical aptitude more than an hour, excluding beer breaks. I think I got mine from Sunset for a bit over $200 last year, though parts prices are reportedly rising fast.

Chip
Old 10-08-2004, 04:54 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Sunset sells all the parts for the ENGINE RS Mounts for a grand total of $328.06 if going by the parts list on p-car if anyone is interested....

BUT I'm thinking the tranny mount should be changed at the same time to the RS mount as well!

...now to find THAT part number (numbers)!!!!
Old 10-08-2004, 05:04 PM
Rick Lee
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I did solid mounts last summer for about $179 and then whatever the metric bolts cost. Hard part for me was getting the old ones out, as I could not get my a/c compressor to move. But they do come out. I did it alone, but it would be easier with someone to hold a wrench on one end of the bolts while you torque the other.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:36 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

You know… I’m going to RANT for a minute here – and no, I’m not just targeting CE, or this thread or whatever – but I guess that’s the thread that pushed me “over the edge” – as I’m really growing weary of it…. Here goes….

For all of you who keep posting “Buy your crap at Sunset”, I really hope you are getting discounts equal to the amount they don’t spend supporting these same Forums so you can “support” their free advertising over paying Rennlist Sponsors.

In short – for the RS Mounts, Gert, Paragon and number of other Sponsors actually have them. Now – let’s pick one.. Gert’s price is what: $329 for ALL the parts and Sunset is $328.05. You have GOT TO BE KIDDING me!

Tell you what – when Sponsors get sick of all the free advertising their competitors get for $0, and Members, Jen and I grow weary of subsidizing Rennlist and these same Forums – maybe Sunset can start their own Forums for you, ‘cause this site won’t have any Sponsors left..

Just a point of reference, there are several automotive Forums that don’t permit ANY links/posts to non-sponsors, and they require you send a PM in private if you want to recommend a non-paying business. While I’m not at that point – yet – I have to say – I’m damned close, especially with “Sunset”. And for forkin’ $0.95 “savings” in this case.

Rant off….

Have a nice weekend.

John D.
Old 10-08-2004, 05:56 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Actually.. I couldnt' find them at first on Gert's site... and was pleasantly surprised to find them when I searched a different way...

....I've purchased from Gert before and am happy to buy from him again.. I am just a little concerned about the shipping fees + import duties....

I didn't realize Paragon carried them.. I will check with them as well... thanks!

Quick Reply: RS Motormounts