Sponsored by:

RS Motormounts

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 06:08 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

He CE,

Understand - I didn't mean to target you.. But - if you do a "search" on Sunset - take a look at the number of referalls the past few days alone.... At last count - about or OVER 19/20 threads - where they are recommended "above" Rennlist Sponsors, or positioned directly against them? Something isn't right, as there isn't another "non-sponsor" who gets as many "unbiased" mentions, leads, links, "buy it here"...??? Yea - something isn't right, sorry.

And if I were a Rennlist Sponsor - I'd be asking "WTF" as well....

BTW: I bought my RS Mounts from Paragon, after a rather, ummm - "large order" or two from Gert - and from Belgium - all the items from Gert arrived in two days.... I think I paid about $5 more from Paragon then what Gert had them for - but, both are a sponsors. And if it cost $50 more then from Sunset - I could'a cared less. I don't see Sunset there at the end of the month paying the expenses for this site so I can post about my 993 in these Forums. Do you?

John D.
Old 10-08-2004, 06:35 PM
p_carfan
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

John D.

Wow.........Is you medication wearing off . I personally purchase almost everything from Rennlist sponsors as far as my Pcar needs go. The shift rod & RS mounts mentioned earlier in this thread came from Gert as well as thousands of euros worth of other stuff. Every once and a while I need some obscure nit noid part and Sunset has always been the best OEM/dealership for me to deal with the folks are nice and helpful.

GOOD Greif Man

Old 10-08-2004, 06:38 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well.. I told Eric that Gert carries them.. and about the 2 day ship turn-around...

Looks like he'll be getting the RS mounts (all 3 of them) from gert after all

..I just dunno when since $571 is a nice chunk of change after the mono-bearing front and rear investment!
Old 10-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Gert
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

Great post John !

Thanks for supporting ALL the Rennlist sponsors.
Old 10-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Jason @ Paragon Products
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok, try this:

http://www.paragon-products.com/prod...pp_911rsmm.htm

I hope this isn't less than John paid...trying to stay in good graces ;-)

Parts | Tech-Session | Facebook | Youtube

Jason Burkett
Paragon Products - Porsche Parts & Accessories*- 800.200.9366
Tech Session - Porsche Tech & Info*- 361.289.8834
jason@paragon-products.com
Old 10-08-2004, 09:40 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by Jason @ Paragon Products
Ok, try this:

http://www.paragon-products.com/prod...pp_911rsmm.htm

I hope this isn't less than John paid...trying to stay in good graces ;-)
Jason, don't give it a second thought, OK??? It's folks like you, Gert and others that keep this ship "afloat".....

BTW: The price difference between what I paid - and your new price, will be reflected in your next invoice....... Nawww - I don't get mad - BUT - I do get "even"

Seriously - my thanks!!!!

John D.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:49 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by ceboyd
.....Looks like he'll be getting the RS mounts (all 3 of them) from gert after all ....
OK - CE - you got me here....

You mean THREE SETS??? Yikers!!! I'm jealous - "someone" has three Porsches going through the upgrade???? Damn - they want to adopt me????

Or......

You mean THREE mounts???? OK - you only need two engine mounts (one per side)... (I just saved you some money !!!! )

My Best to you always, and my thanks.... I suspect you already know why, but in case you don't - just "thank you"..........

John
Old 10-08-2004, 10:30 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by John D.
OK - CE - you got me here....

You mean THREE SETS??? Yikers!!! I'm jealous - "someone" has three Porsches going through the upgrade???? Damn - they want to adopt me????

Or......

You mean THREE mounts???? OK - you only need two engine mounts (one per side)... (I just saved you some money !!!! )

My Best to you always, and my thanks.... I suspect you already know why, but in case you don't - just "thank you"..........

John

LOL.. 3 of them meaning 2 motor mounts + 1 tranny mount..... Eric wants it for his now 96K miles 95 993.... as part of the 'winter' build project... but we just bought the mono-ball bearings for both our cars so it'll be a month or 2 before he gets the mounts from Gert but that IS where he is going now

...mine's a tip so I seriously doubt there is such a thing as an RS TRANS mount for my car... BESIDES of which I'm saving for Steve's Moton setup so I WON'T be spending the money on the engine mounts on my 29K mile 96.... not BEFORE the MOTON's anyway... (maybe next fall/winter)
Old 10-08-2004, 10:38 PM
Steve Weiner-Rennsport Systems
RL Technical Advisor

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Wow,......My feelings exactly.

A BIG thanks to John D. (on my part) for stating what I've been thinking,.....

There are LOTS of folks who are Rennlist Sponsors (including moi`) who stock these parts at competitive prices and everyone reading this now owes it to themselves to call/e-mail these fine people about what they want.

Although this subject is a sensitive point with me, I'd just finally mention that if people do not support the Rennlist Sponsors, they will not be around to answer your questions and assist you when you need help with a problem. Please remember that you are in essence paying for access to all these Sponsor's technical knowledge & experience that they accumulated at a significant cost.

With the greatest respect, my advice is to support the people that support YOU,......
Old 10-08-2004, 11:27 PM
nman413
Drifting

Well, I seem to be over at Bob's a lot and somehow I always end up spending money. Must move away...
Old 10-08-2004, 11:35 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

yeah, If I lived anywhere close to Steve's shop, I'd be living in a studio apartment just so I could have every single bell and whistle on my 993
Old 10-09-2004, 10:33 AM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by ceboyd
yeah, If I lived anywhere close to Steve's shop, I'd be living in a studio apartment just ....

In my '95, I have Steve's Chip (hmmmm - I guess I do spend money with a lot of Sponsors..?? Don't tell Jen.. ). It made a real difference with the other engine "changes" (I'd say "mods" - but I don't do mods, too much of a slippery slope). Anyway - if you do get that apartment, can you install a webcam into Steve's shop for the rest of us???

Thanks...

Quick Reply: RS Motormounts