CR1 radio and amp questions - 95 993

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 03:29 AM
jhh
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CR1 radio and amp questions - 95 993

Hiya Rennlist folks,

I guess its about time I stop lurking and start posting.

My CR1 radio/tape/cd-changer recently died, and Im trying to find some info on it - lights come on, it changes CDs and plays etc, but no sound. So I took the CR1 out to test, and it did fine on the bench. This leaves the amplifier to be the likely culprit. The car is a pre-varioram 95 993 cabrio. I did a search on it, but couldn't find much info for the 95 amp setup.

Unfortunately I have absolutely no clue where the amp is - it isn't where I expected it to be underneath the passenger seat. Looking at the pinout diagram for the connectors on the CR1, it would appear that my car does indeed have an amp (the "output to amp" connect has a matching female end behind the dash, the "output to speaker" connect does not).

I would prefer not to upgrade the entire stereo system because I'm worried that the stereo place will hack up my wiring harness for the amplifier etc, and I don't have time to do it properly myself. Plus my stock stuff works fine, well at least it does at sane speeds with the top up. Not like I ever stay at a sane speed, and I can count the number of times I've left the top up on one hand...

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2004, 10:28 AM
Ray Calvo
Passed On
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't help much since my CR-1 doesn't have an amp (replaced it with a radio/MD player).
Old 10-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Remove the passenger seat carpet. It may be cut into the floorboard sound proofing.
Mine is.

Dave

Quick Reply: CR1 radio and amp questions - 95 993