Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experience with car transport companies??

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 12:34 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Brian. My car arrived today. Transported by Intercity. Picked up on Sunday, arrived on Wednesday, late afternoon. I call that a fast turn around. Less than two weeks from the time I ordered the pickup.
The driver was great. Good attitude, ever after fighting rush hour traffic and being detoured, adding another 1½ hours to the drive. Very carfull and happy to be transporting vehicles. I climed through the window myself and backed the car out. The seller put it in. That my story, full circle. I would use them again without question.
Good luck.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:43 PM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Resurrecting an old thread - but its still relevant.

Booked a while back to have National Auto Transport ship my 2006 Mini Cooper S - they never showed for pick up. never returned any of my calls or emails (even had the audacity to email me once to tell me that the driver was about to call me to confirm pickup).

Looked them up on howwerate.com and on consumerreports.com - sheesh!! Whish I'd know all this before!! Extremely valuable resources these - use them if you are considering shipping.

Have subsequently (and $200 later) booked with another carrier that owns its own trucks and drivers - uses 'soft' transit methods and offers closed transport (not crucial for me). Will advise how that goes in due course, but the ratings and dialogue (with the owner - not a helpdesk 'advisor') have been good.

fingers crossed.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:16 AM
Arena993
Race Car

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just sold a 95 993 cab to a guy in Houston, TX. He sent Thomas Sunday Transport. This guy had great equipment, great communication and was beyond professional. no affiliation of course.

Mike

Quick Reply: Any experience with car transport companies??