Sponsored by:

Thr "RUMBLE"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 09:11 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Dennis,

Sorry I didn't get to meet you, but I actually have a ton of pictures of you and harry battling it out in the buttonhook. send your email addr to ca993twin@yahoo.com if you want them. I can send small ones first, and big ones if you want after you've looked them over.

Harry,

Same for you.

Steve
Old 10-04-2004, 09:12 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 66 Posts

Old 10-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Eyal 951
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did anyone notice the routine the starter girl had when checking a car out after four wheels off? it was extreme and intricate, lets see if i can sum it up... hmm, that looks like a tire, kick, seems full... oh hey, another one back there, kick, yep that one feels full too... lets check the other side, see if this thing has any more of them tire thingys... ah shoot, two more! kick, yep, shes a full, and last one.... kick kick... now I'm extra sure, this thing has some sort of air inside, allright mr, you can go now! (thats when they actually black flaged those that went off, or those that were black flaged came in) it was the most ridiculous check i have ever seen... kick the tire? c'mon!
~Eyal
P.S. max, if you have any more good photos of that teg, i'm sure my freind would like some for his collection, can you pm them to me? thanks!
Old 10-04-2004, 11:01 PM
nman413
Drifting

In true HWFM fashion, I was comfortably 2 seconds behind OFE who had the closest comparable car. Oh wait, Erik was there too and ripped off a way faster lap time. I guess my problem still lies between the steering wheel and seat.

I forgot to mention that I was really glad to see OldGuy and YoungThing out at the track. It was certainly a fun two days besides the somewhat crazed event. I will say that 3 track days in a row is not such a good idea. I was pooped after 3 sessions today and packed up as I had a CEL on the car as well as dodgy handling.
Old 10-05-2004, 01:47 AM
Sean Hall
Racer

Max is the man!

Old 10-05-2004, 06:08 AM
Monique
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am green with envy

Had a similar weekend planned and kept the rear Pzips on purpose (now at the slick stage) expecting a dry weekend; it rained buckets. So Red Devil stayed in its pyjamas.

1 thing made me mad. OG can still get into his 20 year old driving suit (I can do it in my dreams)

Dennis' videos are great.. but was the track sandy?? Looks like it in the vid.

We share the good times. Thanks.
Old 10-05-2004, 10:52 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

monique jthat was Steve Old Fartus Emeritus (ca993twin) who got in his 20 yearold driving suit. He looked like a USC cheerleader!!
We look just alike and every one gets us mixed up-- OldGuy and Steve Old Fartus Emeritus
Old 10-05-2004, 12:28 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He made it into the 20 year old suit because the 20 year old suit had "extenders" sewn into it. Since Steve convieniently forgot to mention that fact, I thought I'd share it.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:33 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

He's thinking of going to Spandex after the bar-be-cue platter
Old 10-05-2004, 12:33 PM
ca993twin
Nordschleife Master

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Tom,

Thanks for keeping the record straight. You wouldn't want to let a geezer get away with a tiny "extension" of the truth?
Old 10-05-2004, 12:35 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

BBQ "platter"??!! there were 3 chickens, a whole pig and half a cow on that "platter"!!
Old 10-05-2004, 02:27 PM
ScottMellor
Drifting

Hey Bob, do you have any idea what kind of times you were turning? Enquiring minds want to know
Were you beating up on the Radicals?
Old 10-05-2004, 03:44 PM
KellyM
3rd Gear

My boyfriend just completed his second track day.

Before his first DE event with Tracquest my initial (GIRLY AND IGNORANT) thoughts about DE events were the following:

“How much testosterone can you fit on one race track?”

“Oh no! What have I gotten myself into, a weekend of men beating on their chest and grunting instead of actually forming words.”

“Oh man, he’s going to take his car out on the track with a bunch of hot heads and it’s going to come back in pieces!”

Etc, etc., etc…

Yes, I know, STUPID, STUPID, STUPID…

It only took about 5 minutes with a few Rennlisters at dinner the Friday night before the first track day to come to the following realization:

This group of people is really a class act! I’ve never met a more friendly, supportive, and caring group of people. Much to my chagrin, there was no banging of the chest, grunting, and most definitely NO hotheads.

I remember thinking, darn it, this is going to become a VERY expensive hobby that I’m not going to be able to talk him out of. It’s a good thing I’m having a great time too!

Now, after my boyfriend’s second DE event my feelings are as follows:

Spending the day watching a DE event at Buttonwillow = $10.00
Dinner for two at the Buttonwillow BBQ = $20.00
A room at the fabulously luxurious Buttonwillow Inn = $40.00
Spending the day with Rennlisters and watching your boyfriend have the time of his life = PRICELESS.

Steve –

What would we do without you? The social butterfly (Sorry, I’m a girl I couldn’t think of a more manly name for it), if you’re itching to get together with some Rennlisters you can just check out his posts because he’s always putting something together in Cali! Best wishes on a fast recovery for the son.

Scott –

I’ll look you up for a ride next time I’m at the track downing a latte! Thanks for your company!

Jauder –

How many guys do you know who can spend the whole weekend putting on and taking off tires, turn his car into a John Deere, and still be laughing! You know I only tease you because I like you.

Austin –

Did you get a phone call yet? Hahahaha! It was a pleasure meeting you.

Bob –

Took me on my first ride ever on a racetrack! He was taking it easy on me and my eyebrows are still standing on end. Hearing about Bob’s driving abilities, he didn’t scare me for one minute! Bob is now my favorite racecar driver after edrewitz! Thanks again!

Tom W –

The fastest turtle I’ve ever seen! He also taught me that grunting IS allowed, but ONLY if you’re eating cave man banana bread.

CJ –

Thanks for the shade and Austin’s company!

Randy –

I heard you were really tearin’ it up this weekend! It was a pleasure meeting you.

Max –

You take some amazing photographs! It was a pleasure meeting you as well.

The track family:

Paul –

The youngest and funniest old guy I know. You kept everyone laughing all weekend!

Merritt –

The fastest Mom I know.

Sean –

Soon to be the fastest 16 year old I know. He already runs on 100 octane and he’s never driven a car! How many kids can say Mom put in track time at Buttonwillow last weekend? 16 will come around before you know it! Sit tight.

Thanks to all of you for another AMAZING weekend! It wouldn’t be the same without all of you and all of the positive energy you bring to the track! Eric and I hope to see all of you again soon!

Sincerely,

Kelly (with the permission and supervision of edrewitz, Hahahahahahaha)
Old 10-05-2004, 04:31 PM
max911
Rennlist Member

Received 164 Likes on 66 Posts

OK, now I know who was Bob's co-pilot Sunday AM.

click image for XL

max
Old 10-05-2004, 08:23 PM
jritt
8th Gear

Anybody have good pics of my lowly silver 350Z? It was the one with the StopTech sticker on the side. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Thr "RUMBLE"