Beating Mass speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2002, 08:31 PM
Guy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 337 Likes on 192 Posts
kocsis,
You are 100% correct, many speed limits are unrealistic. In PA, there are many restrictions on how Police can enforce traffic laws. Cameras cannot be used for enforcement, in fact local Police cannot use radar in PA. When I was on patrol, I was never big on ticketing moving violations such as speeding unless there was a history of speed related accidents on the particular road ("real" speed violation). However, I had no problem ticketing for no insurance or registrations etc. Mass seems particularly tough.....
Doug,
I don't think "class envy" applies. It is natural to look at a Porsche more than a Mini van etc....It is a nicer looking car and not as common on the road

1993 964 Wimbledon Green
Old 09-25-2002, 09:03 PM
A4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kocsis,
You didn't mention how much the ticket was for. I live in MA as well and if the amount is enough to take the day off of work to fight it, I would.

It will come down to your word against his and depending on his schedule he may not even show. This happened to me last summer and the judge reduced my $100 ticket to $20 and didn't make it a moving violation so it never hit my insurance.

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Beating Mass speeding ticket