Sponsored by:

UPDATE ON MISSING PSS9 ADJUSTER WHEEL/KNOB

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2004, 01:02 AM
cooz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE ON MISSING PSS9 ADJUSTER WHEEL/****

Front Bilstein PSS9 shock with missing adjuster wheel/**** removed by retailer/installer and sent off to Bilstein(Calif) for fix with new adjuster wheel.

Since position(firmness) of endlessly turning adjusting shaft/shock setting was unknown, simply pitting new wheel on shaft was not proper fix. I suppose shock had to go on dyno to determine proper shaft setting/position with adjuster wheel.

Does anyone actually know if adjusting shaft should turn endlessly without wheel on it or should shaft itself have limited rotation even without wheel attached? Even one Bilstein service rep I spoke with was confused about this.

I'm pleased it's fixed for now yet disappointed by this design weakness and that the car had to be down. BTW...I remember in the late 70's when I was a distributer/retailer for Bilstein Shocks that came with a LIFETIME WARRANTY----one had to send broken shock back with car down and wait for replacement----some things don't change.

Thanks to EUROTIRE in New Jersey for their support and great customer service. Yes, think about using them!

Thanks to ViperBob and Baltimore Mark.

Somehow I don't think this story is over.

Cooz 95C2 (officially now a Rennlist member---hope I'm welcomed?)
Old 09-25-2004, 03:00 AM
Greg H.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts

The front shaft is actually square and you should be able to figure out which way the **** goes without removing the shock. That said, if the shaft is spinning around then there is something wrong inside and you have done the correct thing - send it back.

I had the spinning shaft thing on a rear shock, which went back to Bilstein. I also had a front **** fall off and I replaced it on the car.

Greg H.

Quick Reply: UPDATE ON MISSING PSS9 ADJUSTER WHEEL/KNOB