Sponsored by:

Pics from the Concours D' Elegance

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jago1244
arrwin nice job. i was there also for an hour or so after 1pm. was wandering around blindly wondering if i'd bump into a rennlister..forgot my camera, glad you took some shots.
I saw your car as well. There weren't too many Targas there. I remember seeing you leave. One day we need to gather all the NYC Rennlisters together and have a drive or something.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm thinking of getting Kinesis K18's for my new to me Polar Silver 993...Would someone pleeeeeease photoshop Arrwin's car to Polar Silver so I can see how it would look....(with his permission of course )

TIA

Conekilr
Old 09-17-2004, 03:26 AM
Speedraser
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Arrwin,

I might have seen you -- can't say for sure. Nice car, BTW. If you saw a guy wearing a Speedracer t-shirt, that was me. I noticed that my 993 is also visible in the background of your front 3/4 view of the 997 . That 550 Maranello was pretty sweet, though I didn't love the color.

Apparently, I have to go to a friend's baby's birthday party on the 16th, in NJ -- looks like I won't make it to the Concours, though if the party starts late enough, maybe I can sneak over early...

I won't be at the Pocono DE either, sadly. October is pretty full of car stuff for me. I'm going to a Morgan club event the first weekend in October, and to Hershey (AACA, not PCA) the next. BTW, my first DE was a Novice Day at Pocono, 4 years ago. I had a blast, though I wished I had joined the Green group rather than doing the novice thing.

A Metro area meet/drive sounds like a GREAT idea.
Old 09-18-2004, 01:13 PM
jago
Rennlist Member

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Arrwin
I saw your car as well. There weren't too many Targas there. I remember seeing you leave. One day we need to gather all the NYC Rennlisters together and have a drive or something.

sounds good guy! looks like it might have to wait for spring unless someone makes a move.
j.
Old 09-19-2004, 02:20 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jago1244
sounds good guy! looks like it might have to wait for spring unless someone makes a move.
j.
Awww...we probably have at least 1 more month until it goes into hibernation. We can try to set up something in Oct.? How's that month work for everyone? The only thing is I don't know where all the nice twisty roads are around here. Any ideas?

If anything, a gentleman at the Concours told me about a parking lot right before Captree off the Ocean Pkwy where many nice cars (ie. Porsches, Ferraris, Lambo's) meet every Sunday morning. We can meet somewhere in LI and take a drive up there. There aren't too many twisties along the way tho, mainly straight.

Let me know what you guys think....
Old 09-19-2004, 03:33 PM
Rob 97 993c2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Arrwin - im up for a drive .. long island is too congested .. either up to Millbrook, palliscades, somewhere in NJ (i defer to the NJ people) or out to bucks county
Old 09-19-2004, 11:57 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rob 97 993c2
Arrwin - im up for a drive .. long island is too congested .. either up to Millbrook, palliscades, somewhere in NJ (i defer to the NJ people) or out to bucks county
Great...sounds like we have a couple of people in the area that would be interested. I wouldn't mind spearheading one, but I don't know any good routes. I'll start a new thread to see if there is any interest.

Quick Reply: Pics from the Concours D' Elegance