Sponsored by:

Status Symbol for Rennlisters...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004 | 04:53 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mnmblu
small... Thank you. Why do taggers tag? Signing one's artwork has something to do with one's Id. (not the acronym)
Got it. It's just that I saw some very nice artistic pictures here, on Rennlist(max911 comes to mind ), but no taggers until now .
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:02 PM
Adrienne
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by kdurg

MY POINT is.....Why then shouldn't any banker, broker, lawyer, kitchen remodeler use Rennlist to offer up their own valuable expertise on a minimal level in hopes of creating a bigger sale for themselves ???
Sounds good to me! If I thought my professional opinion or skill was useful here, I'd offer it. And if it got me paid work, from people I have grown to respect and appreciate, whoopee, I'm a happy camper!

So what the heck, if anybody needs some water quality planning help, I'll offer some minimal help for free. Why not?? Anybody else got some skills to give for free, as a Rennlist Buddy System?

Oops!! I just went way Off-Topic. Anyway, nice work mnmblue!
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:06 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Alan,

I just want to again thank you for your time and effort in creating my avatar...
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:06 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Argo, you are entitled to your opinion, as meaningless as it is.

Where is Jack's head here?
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:11 PM
Stevarino
Addict
Rennlist Member

From: Los Angeles, CA (Brentwood) & New York, NY (Tribeca)

Adrienne:

Here's some free advice for Agro:

Sometimes harboring an unsolicited opinion saves you the embarassment of discovering no one cares what you think.

Or, for the media generation:

"Lighten' up, Francis"

I for one truly appreciate Alan's hard work in support of the Rennlist community. Thanks Alan.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:24 PM
Agro1
Banned

Argo, you are entitled to your opinion, as meaningless as it is.
Meaningless huh ? Of maybe just a bit over your head ? You want art, here’s a real piece of “artwork” :
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:27 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

I want to thank those that have supported me and said kind words about my efforts during this attack.

To you others... sorry to have made such an ugly mess of the board with my 4 1/2 year old level of expertise with a camera and photoshop. I guess I should go back to the Art Institute of Chicago for retraining or to get my money back.

Let me mark this day down as one to remember, as a real feel good day belonging to Rennlist. Thank you so much you guys are really top notch.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:31 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Nice picture, did you take that? And if you did, it most assuredly was with a high powered telephoto lens... at great distance.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:33 PM
Agro1
Banned

Let me mark this day down as one to remember, as a real feel good day belonging to Rennlist. Thank you so much you guys are really top notch.
What - are you gonna CRY now ?? Jesus man...You create this "Artwork" for everyone to view, on the internet, you even sign it for godsakes. Did you really think is was going to go unnoticed or betteryet, did you think no one would criticize or critique what you do ?? Please man, you threw it out there for everyone to see/comment on and it was hardly UNSOLICITED, so don't expect everyone to like it. As you said, I'm entitled to my opinion, as is everyone else on here. Don't be suprised when someon's opinion of your work is not as positive as you might expect

Originally Posted by Stevarino
Here's some free advice for Agro:
Sometimes harboring an unsolicited opinion saves you the embarassment of discovering no one cares what you think.
Stevearino - see above.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:35 PM
lowblow
Racer

What the Hell is wrong with you people. Alan is being nice to those who have asked. I don't remember him forcing his "help" on anyone.

Alan, once again, thank you. For those of you who wish to deflect his good intentions Go F*^$ YOURSELVES!
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:36 PM
Agro1
Banned

Nice picture, did you take that? And if you did, it most assuredly was with a high powered telephoto lens... at great distance.
Actually no, I did not take that photo. I yanked it off the internet just like you yank other people's work/images and call them your own.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:37 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Who'd a thunk it? Agro is not only a professional race car driver, driver coach, and mechanic. But he is also an art critic.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:41 PM
Agro1
Banned

Greg you really are a putz...Did I ever say I was a professional ANYTHING ? A good education goes a long way moron, maybe you should get one yourself...

EDIT - Oh yeah, and before you can comment on the obvious (as usual), no, they didn't offer etiquette classes at my school(s)

Last edited by Agro1; 09-15-2004 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:41 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Well, if it makes you feel better to put people down all the time, you must be a very sorry individual. With a personality like yours, as close as you will ever get to that lady, or any lady for that matter, is through that telephoto lens hidden behind some bush.
Old 09-15-2004 | 05:54 PM
Agro1
Banned

Alan - please, when did I ever "put you down" ??? Get a grip man, I personally don't care for your style of "art" and I find it a bit self-aggrandizing that you throw it up for everyone to see, and then take a offense when someone critiques what you do. Now you call me a "sorry individual "? Not once have I attacked you personally. I suggest you re-read before you start with me kiddo or else my honest critique may turn into harsh criticism.

Quick Reply: Status Symbol for Rennlisters...