Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Status Symbol for Rennlisters...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:35 AM
993RS
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Alan isn't being paid. He is friendly, enthusiastic and passionate. May the force be with you, Alan!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:02 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agro1

Last edited by mnmblu; 09-15-2004 at 05:49 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:47 AM
mnmblu
Drifting

Boris,
Here is your new avatar. Hope you like it. Gotta get to bed now, almost 1 am.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:44 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Mike, here ya go. Should fit okay.
Old 09-15-2004, 02:42 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 993RS
The latest status symbol for a Rennlister is to have a customized mnmblu avatar!

I am proud to have been one of the first...
Huh..What are you kiddin' me ?
Rennlist Status Symbol = MnMBlu Avatar ????? Please.

A more appropriate description would be a "Loss Leader". Do you know what that is ?

Since when is Rennlist an open forum for sucking up-self enterprising advertisements ????

Just because there is a Fancy Schmancy-Artsy Fartsy Avatar made available doesn't make it justifiably permissive, IMO.

There are plenty of self-employed Rennlisters that could benefit monetarily from the groups' collective organization....BUT DON'T !!!

MnMBlu, here's a hint: Stop taking the Mrs. covered in jewels on those overseas trips you mentioned......you won't have to claim being a starving artist living in the poorhouse...although...you may end up in the dog house !!!
Old 09-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Agro1
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alan:
Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2004, 03:37 PM
aam993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Pictures are fine - but what are those bright white signatures on every picture for?
Old 09-15-2004, 03:40 PM
FlyYellow
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Alan,

thanks kindly - what a great picture - can i have the hi-res version?

Now i can really tell people that either my driving will make them yack in the crack or that the junk in box driver can't drive.

Cheers,
Boris
Old 09-15-2004, 03:43 PM
slapshot
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Alas, once again the old adage, "No good deed goes unpunished." raises its ugly head. The guy shoots photographs of people's cars he knows and drives with for fun. The fact that they are really great and some listers may want high quality prints, etc. for their own uses hardly makes the creator "self enterprising". The spirit of the avatars and their growth has been one of pure camaraderie and fun.

There is an understandable habit of seeing a self serving and nefarious "hidden motive" in everything and everyone these days. Let me be the first to underscore that such is definitely not the case with mnmblu.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:21 PM
993RS
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

What a bunch of nitpickers! The guy goes to a lot of trouble to make some really cool pictures, so let him at least put his trademark on them! They are photographic works of art! Sheesshhh!

And besides, it is up to John D. to deem what is OK and what isn't on this forum!
Old 09-15-2004, 04:23 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

kdurg... Thank you so much for you nice comments, you really made my day. It is so nice to know people enjoy my work and for you to heap such praise on me, well my head is spinning from such joy. I really like your pink car by the way. Have no fear of me working on your avatar because it looks so nice just the way it is.

small... Thank you. Why do taggers tag? Signing one's artwork has something to do with one's Id. (not the acronym)

Argo1. You are not even worth responding to.

Well, because of such nice comments from you fellas, I am just hoppin and ready to do some more avatars... NOT. It is always so nice to be appreciated, thanks again for the feel good comments and appreciation for my work. Boy am I motivated now. Thanks

p.s. Boris, it's on the way, check your email.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:39 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Sorry...case ain't dismissed Slapshot.

I am not criticizing the fun and camaraderie between the Rennlisters and the photos.

However, if those of you who think mnmblu is not using these avatars as a means to enlist the patronage of those interested for a bigger $$$sale of his work........you're in the dark. Is this not self-enterprising ???

MY POINT is.....Why then shouldn't any banker, broker, lawyer, kitchen remodeler use Rennlist to offer up their own valuable expertise on a minimal level in hopes of creating a bigger sale for themselves ???

Might I suggest Sponsorship for such intentions ? This way, Rennlist benefits monetarily and the community as a whole is not subjected to entreprenurial endeavors of those seeking to advantage themselves on our behalf ???
Old 09-15-2004, 04:48 PM
Agro1
Banned

Originally Posted by mnmblu
Why do taggers tag? Signing one's artwork has something to do with one's Id.
Argo1. You are not even worth responding to.
You call that "artwork" ?? Please, you take well known commercialized images and use Photoshop. Some may like it, personally I find them very un-original and I wonder if Jack in the Box would mind you using their commercial image to further your "art" ? Yes, art is very subjective, and countless schools have each proposed their own ways to define quality, yet they all seem to agree in at least one point: once you have accepted their aesthetic choices, the value of your work is determined by its capacity to transcend the limits of its chosen medium in order to strike some universal chord.
"Pure" art is aesthetic rather than utilitarian. Purely aesthetic objects can be said to have, at the very least, entertainment value, which can be considered useful. There is nothing PURE about what you do. Is it entertaining, yes, for some. Is it art, I think not.
Old 09-15-2004, 04:49 PM
kdurg
Addict
Rennlist Member

[QUOTE=mnmblu]kdurg... Thank you so much for you nice comments, you really made my day. It is so nice to know people enjoy my work and for you to heap such praise on me, well my head is spinning from such joy. I really like your pink car by the way. Have no fear of me working on your avatar because it looks so nice just the way it is.
QUOTE]

C'mon mnmblu......get tough would ya.....you artists are soooooo sensitive !!!

You don't like my avatar ??? Jeesh ....I thought my 4 1/2 year old son did a pretty good job on it, considering it was his first go' round with Photoshop. Maybe you could give him some pointers ??????
Old 09-15-2004, 04:52 PM
flatair
Racer

Yikes, getting rough around here

Quick Reply: Status Symbol for Rennlisters...