Sponsored by: DashLynx

mystery idiot light

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2001, 02:35 PM
Michele
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travis:

I have a 95 C4, and the manual. Is the light you're referring to the same one pictured above in Viken's posting? If so - that's definitely not in my manual. However, if the light you're referring to is on top of that same gauge (just under, and to the left of the ! central warning light, my manual shows two indicators which are both labeled "Automatic brake differential" (Actually, it says "differetial" but I'm assuming that's a typo).

At the bottom left of the gauge is another light like the one you described, which is the brake pad wear indicator. Incidentally, that light comes on randomly in my car, despite the fact that I just had all four brake pads replaced about 5 months ago.

Hope this helps...

-Michele
Old 08-16-2001, 06:00 PM
Travis.
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michele,

the picture Viken posted was a pic of my car, not his. I had emailed him the pic a bit earlier than the posting to this forum

The light is the one left of the ABS. It's the one not documented in the diagram or description of pg 58-59 of the owner's manual. Contact Larry T. for an update to the manual.

I believe the light is referring to the pressure accumulator pump for the brakes.

As of today, all is well. Now just gotta go
out and drive the darn car.

-travis
Old 08-16-2001, 07:38 PM
Larry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Travis,

I got your email and I'll send a copy of the 5 page supplement to you, but in the interim, and for the benefit of the others on the board, here is a picture of the page that refers to the "idiot light"

Larry

Old 08-16-2001, 07:45 PM
Larry T.
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

oopps, sorry for the large file format.

Quick Reply: mystery idiot light