PSS9 missing washer ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2001, 06:49 AM
Vasco Sampaio
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post PSS9 missing washer ?

Dear Rennlist,
Today, during the mounting phase of my new PSS9 for my C4S, my mechanic found & commented that the aluminum rear spring tops are flat and the OEM part (with 4 screws to fix the chassis) where it fixes internally has a conic hole. Is there a missing washer? Are we missing something and/or any other part? My mechanic wants to build a nylon washer to fill the gap.
For me it is strange that this is a special suspension kit for a 993, and it does not fit 100% to OEM parts.
Can anyone please help?

PS: the fronts seem to fit perfectly
Old 11-22-2001, 09:29 AM
JohnM
Racer

Hi Vasco,

If I recall correctly there are a couple of parts that get transferred from the existing suspension, I don't have the literature to hand but sounds like those bits you are missing are the ones that get carried over from old to new.
Old 11-22-2001, 10:55 AM
Vasco Sampaio
2nd Gear

Hi John,
Thank you for your feedback.
Apparently the top interior of the rear OEM suspension is conic. Its like a round can, with a cone inside (pointing down) and where the OEM spring (about 8 centimeter diameter) fits.
The PSS9 rears have a flat aluminum spring top (and the spring is about 6 centimeter wide). So the cone vertex cannot be in contact with this flat washer. Is this washer supposed to be removed and the new spring directly in contact with the OEM conic zone?
Now the mechanic is on hold until I'm sure that it is done the proper way.
Needless to say that I need rennlist help
Rgds

Quick Reply: PSS9 missing washer ?