Sponsored by:

PSS9 ADJUSTER WHEEL/KNOB GONE??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 10:25 AM
cooz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PSS9 ADJUSTER WHEEL/**** GONE??

went to adjust front PSS9 shock only to find adjuster wheel gone.
Shaft coming out of shock that wheel was previously connected to can be turned endlessly without stopping.

Has this happened to anyone else out there?

COOZ 95C2
Old 09-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

Cooz,

I never lost the ****, but I did have a rear adjuster start to freewheel. I sent it off to Steve Weiner and he had it repaired by Bilstein lickety-split.

Give your supplier a call and let them know what happened.
Old 09-06-2004, 11:42 AM
viperbob
Former Vendor

Was it a front wheel? These are notoriuos for loosening up. They are just held in by a 1.5mm allen bolt. If it is the front, you can just get a new wheel by calling Bilstein directly and telling them what happened.

Bummer BTW.....
Old 09-22-2004, 12:30 AM
cooz
Pro

Default UPDATE ON MISSING PSS9 ADJUSTER WHEEL

Front shock removed by retailer/installer and sent off to Bilstein/Calif for fix with new adjuster wheel. Since position of endlessly turning adjusting shaft/shock setting was unknown, just putting new wheel on shaft was not proper fix. I suppose shock had to go on dyno to figure out proper shaft setting/position with adjuster wheel.

Does anyone actually know if shaft should turn endlessly without wheel on it or should shaft itself have limited rotation----even Bilstein service rep was confused about this?

I'm pleased it's fixed for now and disappointed by this apparent design weakness and that the car had to be down. i'm grateful to EUROTIRE in NJ for their support and great customer service....yes ...think about using them.

Thanks to Viperbob and Baltimore Mark.

Somehow I don't think this story is over.

BTW...i remember in the late 70's when i was a distributor/retailer of Bilstein shocks that came with LIFETIME WARRANTY----one had to send broken shock back with car down and wait for replacement----some things don't change.

somehow i don't think this story is over.

Cooz 95 C2
Old 09-22-2004, 01:06 AM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cooz
I'm pleased it's fixed for now and disappointed by this apparent design weakness and that the car had to be down. i'm grateful to EUROTIRE in NJ for their support and great customer service....yes ...think about using them.
Cooz 95 C2
Hi Cooz,

I am looking for a careful and knowledgable tire installer and saw Eurotire advertised in the Pano. Seems like you had good experience with them and a Rennlist recommendation is good enough for me. Approx. how far are they from the GWB?

Quick Reply: PSS9 ADJUSTER WHEEL/KNOB GONE??