Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trip report from new car purchase!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 03:25 AM
DJD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats!!! Great story and Im sure your shifts will improve real soon!!
Old 09-03-2004, 08:20 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Congratulations, David! The car looks fan-tastic. What a great ride. You will always love Porsches. They get in your blood and never leave. You are like, probably, most, if not all, on the 993 and 911 forums, the bug hit us early (me by 10) in life and we know there is only one car that will satisfy the LUST--an Air Cooled Porsche! They are such special cars. You are one of the unique car buyers that recognizes and appreciates the rewards that come from driving/owning something so rare. Enjoy and love you car, it will reward you everyday.

Now, go put some miles on that poor under appreciated hand built machine. You won't hurt her.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 852 Likes on 523 Posts

David, congrats on the new car and thanks for the great write-up. With respect to moving the seat backwards, I saw a set of alternate mounting holes on my car when I removed my passenger seat a year or so ago to install a fire extinguisher. Good luck with your new baby, with 9k miles that's truly an exceptional find.

BTW - if I ever sell my 993 (for a TT), I would only shop in California so I could drive the car cross country.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:05 PM
chris walrod
Guru
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 101 Likes on 52 Posts

Dave, congrats on your car and safe trip home..Like many others, I love reading the 'driving home' stories.. Goog Job!!
Old 09-03-2004, 12:37 PM
akolodesh
Three Wheelin'

What's all this about a '95 993????? Just kidding! Enjoy your p-car. It looks great. I'm sure you'll end up appreciating that the the car was well maintained by caring owners for years to come. Now lets talk about mods for your baby.....
Old 09-07-2004, 02:25 AM
MikeAlwaysWins
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice Car, I love my '95,,, just curious though, CA car Oregon plates? I recently bought mine in NV with Oregon plates...
Old 09-07-2004, 02:37 AM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

David,

Great car and a great find. Can you tell us how you located such a gem? Man, 9,800 miles. That's barely broken in! I still remember my thread about how people can keep themselves from driving such a fine car, and for so long).

Please put this fine sample to good use. Enjoy.

CP
Old 09-07-2004, 02:43 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

David,

Nice, Enjoy !!!!

and I've always found for some reason, that the Pcar loves to have a little throttle blip before engaging the clutch.. I've also found the blip helps the shifter drop into gear smoothly. I'm not just talking about downshifts either. Even at a stop light, I always give a nice blip to the throttle before I disengage the clutch..
The funny thing is, I'm sure that most people around me and even my passengers think I'm just showing off by reving the engine but that couldn't be further from the truth. It's just something about the way the car "hooks up" that the blip = smooth shift. Especially when the A/C is running..

enjoy.
Old 09-07-2004, 01:34 PM
Derrick B.
Racer

Bought it then drove for 24hrs straight! I love it! Was it hard to stop at Seattle and not keep going north to Fairbanks Alaska?

Congratulations. Thanks for the great story.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:35 PM
traveller09
Instructor

Thanks a lot everyone. I took the car on a drive this Sunday over the North Cascade Hi-way to a little town called Winthrop WA were I had lunch. Let me tell you, the car LOVES the mountains! You know one of the other ongoing threads about the M3 vs. the 993……maybe someday my opinion will change but for now my baby is plenty fast enough for me. I would love to stiffen and tighten it up and eventually put a Light Weight Fly Wheel on it but right now it is a dream. I did notice the car felt a little bouncy and a little loose in the turns. Hopefully next spring I will change out the shocks and springs.

CP…I found the car on a Porsche Owners website. I don't have it book marked at work, but if your interested I can send the link to you.

Mike…not sure about the Oregon plates, I think the owner had a residents in Oregon too. Sometimes I don't want to know the answer to some questions….

Thanks B-line for the tip!

Derrick…it was a great drive, but by the time I got to Seattle my back was killing me. Ha..ha..

Here is a picture of the North Cascades.
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Congats, enjoyed the story,many good road trips ahead !
Old 09-07-2004, 11:31 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enjoyed the story, as well! Cool thing is with these cars is that the happy feeling doesn't fade with time!

Congratulations!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:38 AM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Great story, great car, great road!

Quick Reply: Trip report from new car purchase!